Seeking Help Jio Set Top Box Hotstar Premium or VIP?

That's great. But when I spoke to Customer Care this evening, they informed me that only Hotstar VIP is available as part of Jio Fiber plans, no matter what plan we choose. They said Sony LIV Premium is available in Silver Plan (and higher plans), and that Hotstar Premium is not available as part of any Jio Fiber plans.

By any chance, have you subscribed to Hotstar Premium in addition to buying a Jio Fiber plan? Also, what Jio Fiber plan are you in?

Could you please check again and let me know if you can still watch Premium content in Hotstar? For example, could you please check if you could watch episodes of "Game Of Thrones"?

Absolutely No Bro!

Paid For Only One Month And Now Using Weekly Pack & Still Getting All Hotstar Contents & Sony Liv

Absolutely No Bro!

Paid For Only One Month And Now Using Weekly Pack & Still Getting All Hotstar Contents & Sony Liv
Okay.

What monthly plan were you previously in?

Could you please check if you can watch "Game of Thrones" and "Watchmen"?

If it is really working, I am planning to buy Silver Plan for 6 months. That is why I am asking again. I just don't want to waste money on the Silver Plan. If we are not able to watch these shows, I am planning to go for the Bronze plan instead. Kindly check and let me know.

Now that's super confusing to me -- because Gold is one of their costlier plans. And according to the Jio website (linked below), OTT Apps are bundled with the Gold Plan (even for monthly recharges). You should be able to watch at least Hotstar VIP and Sony LIV Premium.

Jio Fiber - Broadband Plans, Price & Latest Offers
I spoke to Customer support and they ask me to forcibly close the sony LIV and Hotstart app from setting-> App menu and clear the data.
After that I am able to view the Hotstar VIP and Sony LIV Premium.

Okay.

If it is really working, I am planning to buy Silver Plan for 6 months. That is why I am asking again. I just don't want to waste money on the Silver Plan. If we are not able to watch these shows, I am planning to go for the Bronze plan instead. Kindly check and let me know.

Ok I'll Check And Confirm Evening!

Okay.

Sorry It Says!

Your Account Not Subscribed To Premium!

Sorry It Says!

Your Account Not Subscribed To Premium!
Okay.

Now I have a clear idea.

I am going to go for the Bronze Plan. There is no point (at least for me) in going for the Silver Plan when Hotstar Premium is not bundled with it. Since my main USP is English programming, the additional cost does not seem to be worth it without that.

Thank you so much, by the way. You have been very helpful! :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock