Seeking Help How is the Jio set top box quality vs DTH?

amansingh

Reaction score
Hi guys

So I mostly watch football i.e. english premier league. Currently I am using some iptv.
But now i want to get Jio set top box. Can anybody tell me how’s the picture quality of Jio? I know airtel/tataplay dth picture quality is amazing. Can i expect something similar to that. Or is it just like hotstar because they be getting feed from hotstar. I dont like hotstar because their motion sucks for football. Pls advice.

Cost itself of additional set top box is ₹5499. It's better to get a alternative device like Firestick and MI Box.
Bro, I think 2nd set top box is free and monthly price is Rs.200+ taxes= Rs.236 for OTT.

Refer jio fiber/ air fiber website for details.

Bro, I think 2nd set top box is free and monthly price is Rs.200+ taxes= Rs.236 for OTT.

Refer jio fiber/ air fiber website for details.
Can you post the link? Last time I was looking for it. I couldn't find it on website. The only thing I found was a reddit post about them charging ₹5499.

I have shared my experience elsewhere recently. I have completely shifted to JioFiber STB for my room connection and made the Tata Play+ HD STB inactive. Parents continue to use Tata Play as they find it easy to operate and used to with his functions.

JioFiber STB works great for my needs. I can watch both OTT and television content on it. The picture quality is fine according to me but the audio quality could have been better - voice cracks sometimes.

The shows/series that I watch are available on respective provider's OTT apps and the subscriptions are bundled with the JioFiber plans so that works great. Jiotv+ has most of news channels too. 👍
Thanks for detailed reply. I want box for just football especially EPL. Hotstar was fine but nowhere near to dth quality of star sports. I guess star sports on jio stb will be like hotstar. Are you able to check? Is it any way near dth quality?

Thanks for detailed reply. I want box for just football especially EPL. Hotstar was fine but nowhere near to dth quality of star sports. I guess star sports on jio stb will be like hotstar. Are you able to check? Is it any way near dth quality?
Absolutely nowhere near DTH quality. If you want to watch live sports with clarity, please stick to DTH only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock