Sad News Jio.com/MyJio app no more allows login via Email ID & Password, only OTP based logins allowed now

I have logged in using otp for an Airtel number that a friend uses on his phone, I dont have airtel sim in my phone. Since this month it gives me this error message.
Airtel wouldn't expect you to use someone else's number, so if your friend is also logged in on same app, maybe they do a check and prevent additional devices to login - ofcourse it may not be just one device as one user may have phone + tablet etc., but it may be doing some checks to prevent "misuse" (according to them)

The number I have logged in with has an active 249 rs plan which gives full access to airtel tv plus and wynk so subscription and login are not the issue. It clearly prompts me to switch to airtel to use the media streaming services saying it is only for Airtel users as seen in the screenshot.
Airtel might be putting additional controls in place to detect misuse of logins - this is obviously a loss of revenue for them, and so some changes might have been done in recent past. People familiar with such inside information may be able to confirm.

I just wanted to post this for the benefit of everyone, I was stuck with no email login, when I had clicked on jiofi login and requested an OTP I got it in my phone (which is on Airtel), so basically it comes to your mobile regardless of network and not just the jio number so just go ahead and enter your number if you have another mobile number linked to the account without worrying about how you can reiveve and OTP on a number which is either on jiofi or is presently not working.

MyJio app updated today. Now they hace completely removed the Login with Password option. From long time it was not working and showing "something went wrong" error.

uD3Auoo.jpg

Facing an issue of not receiving incoming SMS on my Jio number. Incoming calls work, but SMS wont come, from any network. Any pointers?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock