Sad News Jio.com/MyJio app no more allows login via Email ID & Password, only OTP based logins allowed now

It doesn't work in mobile network. It works in WiFi. I'll post screenshot tomorrow. I exhausted my Jio's data plan.
The screenshot I posted is with Hathway wifi and Jio sim in the phone.

As per Net Neutrality, a provider can not restrict any website / app to a particular (self) network. The providers have moved to a "subscription based" service to allow users to continue using other networks / WiFi to access such website / apps.

If you are getting an error saying that your "service" is not valid, it means your subscription has expired or the provider has removed it from your current plan. Airtel's Thanks app clearly states which services are included in each recharge, for Eg: If you do Rs 35 recharge, then Airtel TV will not work for you - even while using their own mobile network.

As per Net Neutrality, a provider can not restrict any website / app to a particular (self) network. The providers have moved to a "subscription based" service to allow users to continue using other networks / WiFi to access such website / apps.

If you are getting an error saying that your "service" is not valid, it means your subscription has expired or the provider has removed it from your current plan. Airtel's Thanks app clearly states which services are included in each recharge, for Eg: If you do Rs 35 recharge, then Airtel TV will not work for you - even while using their own mobile network.
Airtel Thanks only works (even on WiFi) if you buy plans worth more than ₹199.
Edit : I meant Airtel TV Plus. If you dial 52122 you get free subscription to Airtel TV even on ₹35 plan.

Last edited:
Airtel Thanks only works (even on WiFi) if you buy plans worth more than ₹199.
When I said Airtel Thanks, I meant to say "MyAirtel" app. They have renamed it to Airtel Thanks now.

Examples:
1) Rs 129, Rs 169 recharge: Airtel TV, WYNK
2) Rs 199: Airtel TV Plus, WYNK
3) Rs 249: Life Insurance, Airtel TV Plus, WYNK
4) Rs 299: Amazon Prime, Airtel TV Plus, WYNK

Old login portal still alive, having link to sign-in using Email-ID and password:
MyJio Account - Sign In to Your Jio Account
I know it exists, but it's not working. It gives error "The username or password you have entered is invalid".
Btw, I use lastpass and I do not enter any passwords manually. So, it can't be wrong and also the same username and password works on Jio cinema.

bbOEfBW.png

I know it exists, but it's not working. It gives error "The username or password you have entered is invalid".
Btw, I use lastpass and I do not enter any passwords manually. So, it can't be wrong and also the same username and password works on Jio cinema.

bbOEfBW.png
Agree, I tried. Doesnt work. Looks like OTP is the only option. What do you think Jio would take such a move?

It was working for me using Jio sim till last month, I have logged in using otp for an Airtel number that a friend uses on his phone, I dont have airtel sim in my phone. Since this month it gives me this error message.
I have registered with BSNL number & using Jio data for airtel apps. I don't even have airtel number.

bbOEfBW.png
Agree, I tried. Doesnt work. Looks like OTP is the only option. What do you think Jio would take such a move?
Agreed, I used this page just today afternoon to change password, which was successful, hence I posted this assuming it to be working.

The number I have logged in with has an active 249 rs plan which gives full access to airtel tv plus and wynk so subscription and login are not the issue. It clearly prompts me to switch to airtel to use the media streaming services saying it is only for Airtel users as seen in the screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock