Discussion Jio Cinema - The New Sports Destination for Viacom18 all Sports Contents

• Thread starter Thread starter iSK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,612
  • Views Views: Views 204,477
In the meantime, live feed of Sports18 has been removed in Voot. It has been replaced by Sports Over The Top.
xkkc9qG.jpg

We are talking about jio I am sure they will bring great quality in 4K broadcast in India. The only thing I am scared about with Jio is who will the pundits for the WC because if they are the same guys as for the Womens U 17 WC then the pre and post match session will be very poor might be even worse than the 2014WC in Sony Six (before merger with Ten Sports) which I think was the worst since 2004 Euros and World Cups. Dont remember pre and post match shows for 2002 WC in Ten Sports.
Luis Figo one of the pundit 😛

Now this is what I was waiting for expert panel 4K coverage finally broadcasters have taken football seriously in India.

When ESPN was there they had great panel from 2004 till they left led by John Dykes, Steve McMahon, Paul Masefield, Jamie Reeves nd co for entire South Asian feed. Ten had a good panel (not great for UEFA nights). After ESPN left, Star and Sony were so busy with cricket that most of their panel consisted of Baichung Bhutia, Sunil Chhetri and co which I think was below par for international tournaments while Star kept on using International PL feed and pre shows which is okey no special shows keeping Indian audience in mind which I think was very bad of them.

Now finally Sports18 is finally bringing experts of the game for the Indian subcontinent program which I think is great for the game here.

Back
Top Bottom