Jio Celebrations pack ruined my Postpaid 199. Pathetic Support from Nodal as well.

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 54
  • Views: Views 8,283
@Siva or anyone using jio, I found a weird behaviour with Jio. My connection is having speed throttled and won't go above 30kpbs with any applications, downloads. Jio care confirms it that speed is throttled. But when I do a speed test, it will give from 1mbps to 30 mbps depending on quality of signal.

Are they doing any fraud with speed test apps? Trai app also shows this speed, where as the connection is having speed throttled. Can anyone check this using a connection with no data left?

@Siva or anyone using jio, I found a weird behaviour with Jio. My connection is having speed throttled and won't go above 30kpbs with any applications, downloads. Jio care confirms it that speed is throttled. But when I do a speed test, it will give from 1mbps to 30 mbps depending on quality of signal.

Are they doing any fraud with speed test apps? Trai app also shows this speed, where as the connection is having speed throttled. Can anyone check this using a connection with no data left?
Try MyJio app or any Jio app too. I found Jio apps working faster even when I get bad speed..

Try MyJio app or any Jio app too. I found Jio apps working faster even when I get bad speed..
But speed test even with Trai app is showing high speed for a speed capped connection. If it is not supposed to be like this, then its a fraud rt? Then they are manipulating data.

But speed test even with Trai app is showing high speed for a speed capped connection. If it is not supposed to be like this, then its a fraud rt? Then they are manipulating data.
That's right. But I havent seen like that. I will try and let you know.

@wuby, Yes the speed is not throttled on speed test apps. Those apps give you an idea of how much speed you can get if your speed is not throttled. It's intentional from Jio. I thought every operator does this, no?

@wuby, Yes the speed is not throttled on speed test apps. Those apps give you an idea of how much speed you can get if your speed is not throttled. It's intentional from Jio. I thought every operator does this, no?

Not I believe( have not tested explicitly, but remember Airtel showing speed throttled after FUP limit earlier). Today morning I got a call from Jio guy, who asked me to do a speed test and trying to say something with the phone as Speed test is fine. This may require teleco experts in our forum to clarify, it could be a new information for at-least a minority.

Verdict of the call: As usual once that guy identified issue is with the plan (on their side), told will call back and that didn't happen.

Did anyone get time to check speed test part?

My issue is still not fixed and DOT have intervened in twitter.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock