Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 129,132
Jio 5g is activated on my phone now.

K8ENu5p.jpg
SrMrW3A.png

iOS 16.4 Dev Beta 3 has removed Standalone Toggle. But 5G works and I am seeing Vo5G calling for the first time from my home without switching to LTE. This beta has also enabled 5G on iPad Cellular models. 5G reception is supreme on iPad due to better antenna placement and I am hitting 900-1000 Mbps speeds inside my home. My iPhone does 500-700 Mbps at same place. Pixel 6a does 200-400 Mbps.

I will test Vo5G calling tomorrow to see if it was random fluke or if they have permanently enabled it.

Last edited:
Anyone else facing call drop or missed call issues in 5G? I usually have this missed call issue where I'll simply get a message about call being missed though I stay very close to the tower with full signal. This has increased with 5G enabled. I'm on VoWifi with 5g enabled, yet i see this problem. Anyone else?

Anyone else facing call drop or missed call issues in 5G? I usually have this missed call issue where I'll simply get a message about call being missed though I stay very close to the tower with full signal. This has increased with 5G enabled. I'm on VoWifi with 5g enabled, yet i see this problem. Anyone else?
Jio enabling proper Vo5G or VoNR is the only solution. Currently LTE fallback for calling is buggy.

On iOS 16.4 Beta 3, I can already notice 50-60% of my calls are over 5G. That's some tangible improvement. But expect this issue to be fixed in upcoming months and not anytime sooner.

Last edited:
i have noticed this for quite some days on S23.
When my phone is connected to 5G network, the Wifi calling is disabled automatically. I can get only VOLTE. And if the connection is 4G it gets connects to Vowifi.
even if we on the wifi calling for sim, it again gets disabled.

I dont have any issues of call drop with 5G. Bt my 5G shifts to LTE after a call starts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock