Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 126,703
Y8uCJeL.jpg
I don't see this banner anymore in MyJio, I submitted my interest few weeks back though.

I don't see this banner anymore in MyJio, I submitted my interest few weeks back though.
It hardly matters if you click on that banner. It's just an eyewash created so that users feel they have some control on the 5G process. In reality it is all happening in the backend, they determine which users are good for their beta test by checking the handset model and the history of towers that the user has been connected to over the past few weeks. And the details of handset support is also not updated with them.
I had called customer care and asked them and they were like in our system it shows that you have a 5G capable handset but have not received the Jio 5G OTA update even though I have received it and have even checked by inserting a 5G enabled Jio sim which worked just fine.
So whether or not you see that banner is inconsequential, you will get the 5G add-on only on their whims and fancies.

Everyone can now express their interest for Jio 5G. Just head towards jio.com.

Click on I'm Interested.

Now login with your mobile number. Enter the otp.

That's it
So now the fakery has spread to their website too !!

I am using iOS 16.2 Beta 2 which enables 5G on iPhones since a week and for me 5G standalone toggle is greyed out. Surprisingly my mom who never enrolled for 5G beta has that toggle enabled.

Jio support told me that eSim users have Standalone toggle disabled and they will enable it by 12th Nov. However I am using a Physical sim. Next date is 18th Nov.

These id*ots (CC) have zero clue what their backend team is doing. You showing interest is a stupid code to display some fake messages and to give an illusion of a fake launch. At least Airtel 5G is working somewhat with 120-150 Mbps speeds.

Everyone can now express their interest for Jio 5G. Just head towards jio.com.

Click on I'm Interested.

awxbIm6.png

Now login with your mobile number. Enter the otp.

CWIUad7.png

That's it
They are not even checking if mobile number used is Jio or not.

I could express interest using Airtel number, got OTP and My Journey towards Jio True 5G starts with Airtel Number 🤣

I was able to latch on 5G for some minutes but speed was same what I get on 4G.

There was no 5G signal till yesterday now it's coming on and off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock