Breaking Reliance Jio AirFiber announced

It will be super effective, if they launched this as "Fixed Outdoor CPE for mmWaves" like the JioLink services earlier. With dedicated 1GHz bandwidth, speed will be super high, considering mmWave rarely reaches inside buildings. But looks like, Jio's idea is as @Ashok Varma said.
4G is good enough for next two years. Fiber penetration should increase especially from Jio, so it's happening quiet rapidly. Load on Jio 4G will decrease quiet sharply, I believe. If its SA.

It will be super effective, if they launched this as "Fixed Outdoor CPE for mmWaves" like the JioLink services earlier. With dedicated 1GHz bandwidth, speed will be super high, considering mmWave rarely reaches inside buildings.
Everything has it's pros and cons. The outdoor CPE would give better Speed and stability in your house like fixed broadband. Whereas this one has the advantage of carrying your broadband with you even when you are not at home. It's like carrying your fiber broadband wifi router with you anywhere you travel in India. This is provided they give separate wired broadband tariffs for this device which are not applicable for sim in 5G smartphones.

Apart from JIO is anybody else going to launch similar services ??? Like airtel .... Hope they launched are affordable... Boon for people where local sharks have monopoly

Apart from JIO is anybody else going to launch similar services ??? Like airtel .... Hope they launched are affordable... Boon for people where local sharks have monopoly
Nope. Airtel is not going to launch anything like this. They have tied up with Realme for 5G budget affordable devices. Under 12000.

₹6000 is too much. It is targeted towards places where Jio Fiber isn't available. No way those people will be paying this much instead of going for alternatives.
I believe Jio Fiber will be available in places where Jio 5G is available. At my village I currently use BSNL Fiber and would have loved to move to this, but we do not have Jio 5G coverage yet, so I dont think Jio AirFiber would be possible even when they launch it.

Yes, ₹6000 will be too much unless it is bundled with few months of subscription or add-ons. People may prefer only in case there are no other alternatives(atleast BSNL or local internet).

I believe Jio Fiber will be available in places where Jio 5G is available. At my village I currently use BSNL Fiber and would have loved to move to this, but we do not have Jio 5G coverage yet, so I dont think Jio AirFiber would be possible even when they launch it.

Yes, ₹6000 will be too much unless it is bundled with few months of subscription or add-ons. People may prefer only in case there are no other alternatives(atleast BSNL or local internet).
Prices will decrease, when more devices sold

₹6000 is too much. It is targeted towards places where Jio Fiber isn't available. No way those people will be paying this much instead of going for alternatives.
That would most probably be the cost of the non portable model with the outdoor unit and indoor router so more hardware involved increasing the cost of ownership but will offer a better network indoors since the outdoor unit will receive stronger 5G signals.
The portable model may cost half of that and have the advantage of being carried around on the move but as far indoor usage is concerned, the performance will be poorer than the non portable one.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock