Breaking Reliance Jio AirFiber announced

I am very interested in Jio Fiber. I stay in a tier 1 city but in a housing complex/society. Jio Fibre is 100 mtrs from my house, but somehow they are not allowed to enter our comlex by the local cable wallah/party member. Airtel is not there. Other local fibre connections are also not allowed.

To people like me, this would be a god send. In US, a lot of users are taking T-mobile and Verizon's fixed wireless access (jio airfibre) Their plans are competitive with good speeds and unlimited data cap.

I am expecting something similar from Jio. Even a 50 mbps symmetrical with 3.3 TB fair usage cap( like the lowest jiofiber plan) will be enough for my current needs.
Jio Airfiber can useful with cheap tariff, when local operators are create hurdles.

Anything wireless can not be cheap. The cost will be higher and stability will also be a concern. Attenuation is and will still be a hurdle for a foreseeable future.
Its better than BSNL broadband in small towns, rural areas and no fiber areas in cities(suburban gated communities), where 10 mbps speed is great.

Last edited:
Our builder not allowed other networks in our gated community, where Jio and Airtel fiber feasible area as he has own netowrk.
This is unfortunate. I am using Airtel 200 Mbps plan from November 2021. Yet to see a single downtime.
Had a local operator provided 'wishnet' connection back in 2013-2015 era. The downtime was horrible.

It will be super effective, if they launched this as "Fixed Outdoor CPE for mmWaves" like the JioLink services earlier. With dedicated 1GHz bandwidth, speed will be super high, considering mmWave rarely reaches inside buildings. But looks like, Jio's idea is as @Ashok Varma said.
Its a good and economical idea as all our family members phones are not upgrade to 5G immediately.

only difference is
jio branded/labelled device , which might have some less known chinese manufacturer
true. even these are chinese odm devices re-labelled by tmobile verizon. As long as they give adequate warranty and easy replacement I am good.
the best news that I have heard from some of these US folks is that the speed and latency is very good. there are no bandwidth caps and the telcos are actually seeing this as a first real use case of 5g .

true. even these are chinese odm devices re-labelled by tmobile verizon. As long as they give adequate warranty and easy replacement I am good.
the best news that I have heard from some of these US folks is that the speed and latency is very good. there are no bandwidth caps and the telcos are actually seeing this as a first real use case of 5g .
These are based on 2.5Ghz and that signal comes inside house. What Jio is going to do is it is based on mmWave. They will have to add mmWave antenna where this service is taken. MmWave hardly transmits through wall.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock