Discussion Is the iPhone worth buying at the premium price?

1. No proper File manager and you don't have proper access to the file system.
2. Default apps can't be changed, it's changing a bit in iOS 14. We can change the default browser and email app, but that's it, we can't change anything else.
3. The launcher can't be changed, which means you can't customize the home screen look much. Widgets are coming only in iOS 14 (Took several years for Apple to finally do this)

On the other hand, though, the privacy features that iOS gives are generally better than Android. Apple has seriously taken it to the highest level with iOS 14 and remember, iOS is totally ad-free.

I can live with this.

Honestly speaking I have never customised any of my Android phones, be it icons, widgets except for wallpaper.

Yes I have set chrome as default browser and u say the same is possible in iOS now too.

@Bapun Raz bro, are you also planning to buy iphone ?
Not decided yet bro. But surely having similar experience as @Jagadeesh bro with Samsung flagship smartphones. So looking into a better alternative which can provide me new features for longer time, without slowness issues within the same phone. I have been already spending on thousands on Samsung smartphones so spending the same for a better alternative isn't a big deal if it's worth.

What i am always worried is about restricted Apple ecosystem. I have a MacBook Pro laptop, and used to have an iPad mini tablet. I didn't liked them as much as i liked Windows and Android because of the freedom. So it's still a big confusion for me.

What i am always worried is about restricted Apple ecosystem. I have a MacBook Pro laptop, and used to have an iPad mini tablet. I didn't liked them as much as i liked Windows and Android because of the freedom. So it's still a big confusion for me

Good question.

@Siva bro, how can one transfer files, music, photos ,etc from iphone to windows 10 and vice versa. Is it only thru iTunes or any other way like we can go to my computer and click on the phones drives and copy paste etc

Thanks @Siva bro. No dual SIM slots looks like a major drawback to me. We need to go to the operator to add eSIM everytime we get an iPhone. Also i am unsure how one can readd the eSIM back himself, if it's accidentally deleted.

I was looking at the iOS 14 changelog/features set: iOS 14 Preview - Features

It's really looooooooong!😳
The dual SIM slot is not coming on the iPhones or Pixels. They are just going to support eSIM alone for the DSDS functionality. Yeah, it's kind of tough to get the eSIM transferred when we get a new phone. On Airtel, it's comparatively easy to get it, just sending an SMS will do, however, on Jio, we must visit the store to get it done. Watch this video for an idea.

Source

And about iOS 14, yes it's a huge update, Apple tends to do that every 2 years.
Does older iPhone models get slow/laggy with new major software updates like happens with Android (having personal experience with Samsung S series phones)?
The general answer to this is No. In fact, older iPhone models became faster with iOS 12, as it was optimized for low configuration devices. iPhone 6 became faster in iOS 12. I know this slow down happens in Android, even with Flagships.

@Siva bro, how can one transfer files, music, photos ,etc from iphone to windows 10 and vice versa. Is it only thru iTunes or any other way like we can go to my computer and click on the phones drives and copy paste etc
Photos can be transferred using the Windows Photos app. It detects the iPhone as soon as we connect it to the Computer. Files, as I said is very restrictive, there is no file manager as such. You can use iTunes to transfer files from apps that support file sharing, but it's very limited. Music can be transferred through iTunes. I'm not doing any of these currently, as I don't have a need to!

Sometimes when i do not have access to the computer, i download zip files, unzip them through the Samsung file manager and upload it to the server through my mobile. Is doing the same will be possible through an iPhone in any way?

The dual SIM slot is not coming on the iPhones or Pixels. They are just going to support eSIM alone for the DSDS functionality. Yeah, it's kind of tough to get the eSIM transferred when we get a new phone. On Airtel, it's comparatively easy to get it, just sending an SMS will do, however, on Jio, we must visit the store to get it done. Watch this video for an idea.
Very interesting. Getting an Airtel eSIM ourselves isn't that difficult from what explained on the video.

Another question: What happens to the SIM card once we activate the eSIM? It gets permanently deactivated or we can delete the eSIM and again get our SIM card working on a device?

Earlier I did not like iPhone due to its restrictions.

But, after my experience with Samsung and with the release of iOS 14 and iPhone 11 Pro, I am liking apple now.

Recent happenings has changed my mind also. I think I can now accept iPhone's restrictions for better privacy.

My only concern regarding iPhone is its value when we buy it in India.
In US, Pro model costs $999 (~75,000) which is perfectly fine. But paying 30,000rs more for the same in India does not provide great value.

Does older iPhone models get slow/laggy with new major software updates like happens with Android (having personal experience with Samsung S series phones)?

My mom is using 6s (which I have used for a couple of years in the past) and it's still awesome. It is still fast and no lag or apps getting crashed.

And it's going to get iOS 14 update after this many years.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock