Discussion Is com surrogate program is virus??

bhuvanbhatt

Reaction score
I saw in my task manager com surrogate program is running. Is this a virus??? It is located in system 32 dillhost name file

I asked but it also says it is a torjan virus so I am confused

Google is also saying the truth, it can be a trojan also. What google is trying to say is that a trojan can also be named after that genuine Windows component

Google is also saying the truth, it can be a trojan also. What google is trying to say is that a trojan can also be named after that genuine Windows component
So how to remove it. Can it be removed by kaspersky antivirus??

Bro, you didn't read that article. It has almost all the info you need.
How Can I Tell Which COM Object a COM Surrogate Is Hosting?
If you want to see this information, we recommend Microsoft’s Process Explorer tool.
Can I Disable It?
You can’t disable the COM Surrogate process, as it’s a necessary part of Windows.
Is It a Virus?
The COM Surrogate process itself is not a virus, and is a normal part of Windows. However, it can be used by malware.

COM surrogate processes are integral part of windows. Its a process which runs outside the original COM process which requests it. It helps reduce crashing of original COM processes.

Simplest way to find if its a legit process is to right click on the process and check its file location. If it takes you to C:\Windows\System32 its a Windows component and you are safe.

If you are so concerned about affected by a virus, use Malwarebytes AntiMalware or the software suggested by Sarkar bro above..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock