IPL scandal: Don't reveal players' names, BCCI pleads Supreme Court

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,055
Anirudha Das said:
But we can't stop any body :no peoples still goes to stadium and enjoy IPL i think time will tell BCCI a real truth.

People can do if they stop to watch in TV and stop to go into stadiums, automatically TRP will get down and TV advertisers too affected and tickets will also stopped to sold. If not directly way people can battle indirectly.

The seven big points of BCCI's reply to Supreme Court on Mudgal committee's probe report on IPL corruption

The BCCI responded to the IPL probe report by the Supreme Court requesting that the players mentioned should not be made public. Here are the seven main points of the BCCI's 35-page reply:

1) BCCI will highlight the two major difference of opinion between the two reports submitted by the probe panel. (Don't make players' names public: BCCI to Supreme Court)

a) Mukul Mudgal concluded that Meiyappan was the owner of Chennai Super King. And CSK is guilty of giving him powers that only an owner can have. (IPL corruption case to resume in Supreme Court)

Nilay Dutta concluded that Meiyappan was not team owner and hence team CSK cannot be guilty of corruption. (IPS officer who named MS Dhoni suspended)

b) Mukul Mudgal recommended that the Supreme court decide whether CSK should be terminated or not under clause 11.3.
Dutta had recommended that it should be left to the BCCI to decide if CSK should be terminated from the league.

2) BCCI lawyers will request the Supreme Court to allow BCCI to carry on the probe and decide what punishment needs to be meted out to the guilty, based on the finding by Nilay Dutta and Mukul Mudgal.

3) However, BCCI agrees that clause 11.3 will apply to Chennai Super Kings since one of their team officials (Gurunath Meiyappan) was involved in illegal betting. (Probe committee report to headline big week for IPL)

4) BCCI will argue that Srinivasan's conflict of interest issue was outside the purview of the Mudgal probe committee. Hence, BCCI will not take any action on this. (Probe report will have no impact on player's auctions: Shukla) (Note: Justice Mudgal had suggested that Srinivasan's conflict of interest needs further probing)

5) BCCI says there is no harm in Dhoni being an Indian player and also the employee of India Cements. As corporates, giving players a job to support them is nothing new.

6) Apart from that BCCI will accept most of the recommendations made by the Justice Mukul Mudgal panel. For eg. Keep a check on players' agents, monitor players' mobile phones, no late night parties, make an ethics committee comprising of former players like Sachin, Dravid, Kumble etc.) (Probe report finds Meiyappan guilty)
7) BCCI will plead that since the contents in the envelope cannot be verified, it is best not to disclose them as this will be damaging for the player's reputation. (Note: The envelope has taped conversations between bookies taking Suresh Raina and MS Dhoni's name and their involvement in fixing)
NDTV

Anirudha Das said:
What about Mr. Rajiv Shukla look BCCI is not run by some corporate guys it also runs by the well known politician and you know bro politics always plays a vital part in every bad field.

Absolutely Right, he is game changer person and plays big and hidden role to save BCCI in every aspect.

Vivek Pujara said:
People can do if they stop to watch in TV and stop to go into stadiums, automatically TRP will get down and TV advertisers too affected and tickets will also stopped to sold. If not directly way people can battle indirectly.

First urge to this forum i think many will return you a answer with big no. its me and you thinking like that but many don't care on the happening.

Anirudha Das said:
First urge to this forum i think many will return you a answer with big no. its me and you thinking like that but many don't care on the happening.

Main reason is more than 60% people doesn't know reality. Only ZeeNews have showed full exposed story so many people might have missed this reality not shown in all channels. other reason is IPL is most favourite in young age and most of them watch this for rain of 4s and 6s in match and thay even have not knowledge of test cricket.

Vivek Pujara said:
Main reason is more than 60% people doesn't know reality. Only ZeeNews have showed full exposed story so many people might have missed this reality not shown in all channels. other reason is IPL is most favourite in young age and most of them watch this for rain of 4s and 6s in match and thay even have not knowledge of test cricket.

Truth hurts every one is aware of Zee News exposed story but they don't want there hero's to get trouble.

Anirudha Das said:
Particularly Dhoni.

I don't think this, Zee news today showed they tried to take interview but dhoni ignored them to answer with answering words to their reporters 'chal' 'chal'.... also before some days Zee reporters went to dhoni's house but he did not come out from his home...... whats happening can't say...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock