Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If IPL can be staged where players from all countries come to play, why not T20 World Cup which has far lesser matches than the IPL? And that too the World Cup is in Oct-Nov whereas IPL is being speculated for September-October.

I am confused.

If IPL can be staged where players from all countries come to play, why not T20 World Cup which has far lesser matches than the IPL? And that too the World Cup is in Oct-Nov whereas IPL is being speculated for September-October.

I am confused.
Problem is that in World Cup, 15 teams will play and to manage travel of all countries, venue arrangements, Visas all will be big headache for ICC to arrange at this time.

Problem is that in World Cup, 15 teams will play and to manage travel of all countries, venue arrangements, Visas all will be big headache for ICC to arrange at this time.
Also Players need Much preparation Before playing An event Like World Cup.

Won't it be the same for IPL?
- Arranging visas - maybe not 15 countries but 8 countries
- IPL will have many more venue arrangements over a much longer period of time
- IPL 60 matches vs World Cup 45 matches

Won't it be the same for IPL?
- Arranging visas - maybe not 15 countries but 8 countries
- IPL will have many more venue arrangements over a much longer period of time
- IPL 60 matches vs World Cup 45 matches
IPL huge revenue source for BCCI.. using they power in ICC board, they pushing T20 world cup to 2022, to accommodate the IPL window.. and there is a travel ban in Australia until late September, which is expect it to extend till October..

If IPL is prioritized over a World Cup.....well, thats just horrible. To me atleast as a cricket lover.

And Australia players won't be playing in IPL if IPL is held in October. Thats another consideration. I am guessing after India, the highest number of players from a country playing IPL would be Australia.

If IPL is prioritized over a World Cup.....well, thats just horrible. To me atleast as a cricket lover.

And Australia players won't be playing in IPL if IPL is held in October. Thats another consideration. I am guessing after India, the highest number of players from a country playing IPL would be Australia.
IPL is needed to fund our domestic cricket. How is it horrible? Then again it suits ICC. They are being greedy these days. For me even India- Australia bilateral series is more important than a World cup.

IPL is needed to fund our domestic cricket. How is it horrible?
I didn't know this. Maybe they could fund the domestic cricket like they did it 12 years ago. Or, use the reserves.

And by horrible - I meant how can a domestic tournament be given priority over an international tournament. And if that happens, anyone else thinks this kind of thing will only increase in years to come? Is that a good thing to happen?

I didn't know this. Maybe they could fund the domestic cricket like they did it 12 years ago. Or, use the reserves.

And by horrible - I meant how can a domestic tournament be given priority over an international tournament. And if that happens, anyone else thinks this kind of thing will only increase in years to come? Is that a good thing to happen?
LMAO. International Tournament! ICC is just being greedy here. They are just trying to hold more cups to get more money. As for 12 year is concerned, our domestic cricket is always under funded. IPL is needed to support our cricket. It s my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock