IPL 2018 | Winner - Chennai Super Kings

• Thread starter Thread starter Justlita22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,928
  • Views Views: Views 505,646
Better image:
DU79pxhUMAAg5T9.jpg

After 8 long years, Aircel is dropped.
I saw this a few days back and found it wierd. Something was different or missing. So yes the Aircel Logo. So used to seeing it and now it makes a difference.
If they launch channel in Malayalam, I will not watch it...:blush: For watching sports events, English commentary is best imo...:nj:
Exactly the same views here as well. Although I have Star Sports Tamil, I always watch Star Sports 1. Its exciting as well as we all have grown up watching it in English commentry.

But may be if they get some Tamil actor and actresses to promote their films during IPL Pre-Show, Mid-Show discussions like they did with bollywood on Sony Max and Six, many would certainly watch SS Tamil :)

Ashwin being a offspinner,in 2018 IPL will b seen bowling Leg spin,he only told in media
He is been practising the comple leg spin package with leg spin, googly, wrong one, flipper, straighter one etc almost forcthe past 2 years. He has also used it in international matches as well as IPL now and then mixing it with his off spin and his carrom balls. But with Chahal and Kuldeep both wrist spinners doing a great job for India, he would certainly make himself qualified as a full time leg spinner too knowing his keeness to take his game to the next level just like Kohli is with his batting. Tough times ahead for him because its not always easy to get the right control to bowl leg spin consistently. He is a man with a big heart. So he will keep trying!!!!

‘Whatever role they want me to take, I’ll give my 110%’: Robin Uthappa on KKR captaincy

The wicketkeeper-batsman was retained for Rs 6.4 crore by the team after using Right-to-Match option in the IPL Auction.

Robin Uthappa has played for Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore and the now defunct Pune Warriors India in the Indian Premier League. But the wicketkeeper-batsman found stability and form once he started playing for Kolkata Knight Riders in 2014.

He has won the IPL trophy since then and has been a crucial player throughout the years. It came as little surprise then, that he was retained for Rs 6.4 crore by the team after using the Right-to-Match option.

This season Uthappa’s role with KKR is even more crucial given that long-time captain Gautam Gambhir is no longer with the unit. The franchise has even gone for a smaller squad in the IPL Auctions last month, with only 19 players in it.

All of this could mean more pressure on the Karnataka batsman, but he is looking forward to the challenge at the place he calls “home”.

The big question with the new-look KKR team is that of captaincy now. Will Uthappa be up to the ask? He certainly feels so.

“I’ll be honoured if the opportunity came along but it’s for the think-tank to decide - whatever role they want me to take, I’ll give my 110%. Adding value to my team as a cricketer is crucial to my game,” he was quoted as saying by Sportstar.

However, the team is yet to decide on a leader and the other name doing the rounds is Dinesh Karthik. The wicketkeerper-batsman is among the core group of Indian players that KKR have built, going for more home-grown talent.

Read More: ‘Whatever role they want me to take, I’ll give my 110%’: Robin Uthappa on KKR captaincy

IPL 2018: Uthappa bullish about KKR's batting

Back
Top Bottom