Installed Airtel Xstream Fiber connection-first time fiber customer

saketk11

Reaction score
day 1- 8 March
i hove received calls from sale executive

asking me to pre-book connection before holi

price quoted was rs3000 only, 15% discount over regular price og 3600.

i got surprised and confirm that shall i get nokia ont/router, which he said yes.
within 1 hour he reaches my residence and check feasibility ,which found with 100m from FAT box.
gave him aadhar, then he generted lead with payment link
SMS was having CAF number
so i paid online rs3004 forb6 months advance rental plann of 40mbps.

after 1 hour LCO-owner came with airtel field guy and fiber cable, done cabling and patch cord installation within 45 min
AND REQUEST ME TO TELL LIE TO CALL RECDIVED FROM OFFICE " THAT I M OUT OF TOWN SO PLEASE SCHEDULE INSTALLATION FOR TOMORROW " IT was evening 6pm, and he didnt brought energy meter neither ONT router.
i agree with hesitation but laugh and said yes

day 2-march 9
morning 11pm, same person brought ZTE router, as i had very clear idea that nokia ont is out of stock, and dragoon path is not much reliable .

completed activation for this zte router with proper wiring and cabling . and given his mobile number for any help
speed on 5GHz reaches to 50mbps-dl
2.4ghz at 24-27mbps within 5feet.

i had myself installed old no CLI based landline, and made calls.
it works perfect . - planning tp activate whatsapp on this landline number.

this lahdline based whatsapp number will shared any marketing executive asking for contact details , be it travel agent, education institute, cosmetic campion etc

day 3-10march
install airtel app and found that plan valid till 8sep.
many other 3/6 months plans offering discount
no range of 5ghz after crossing 2-3 walls, only 2.4ghz reaches 15meter apart after 3waals, speed 3-10mbps.

overall experience 4.5star
gest thing got 3 things in rs3000- modem/ont+fiber installation+ 6 months unlimited usage plan.

pics and speedtest will shared tomorrow
location -Nagpur , Maharashtra.

Last edited:
Congrats...
I am really surprised to read on the speed in 2.4 GHz is half of actual plan...That too in 5 feet distance...

Congrats...
I am really surprised to read on the speed in 2.4 GHz is half of actual plan...That too in 5 feet distance...
yes that test was done on day 1., when all other 3 devices connected and weee consuming on same 2.4ghz channel.

and 5ghz was exlusively connected to my laptop situated at 5-7feet diagonally from router.

otherwise 2.4ghz also reaching 40-45mbps

these nyumber of test from fast. com

ping is 15-30ms

tb1Ubgy.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock