“Indians should speak Hindi” - Ranji Trophy Commentators

Waiting for folks to come up and say English is our mother tongue since it's also an official language of India

Indian English --> twisted abomination of both the Brits and Yankees

So, you can prove that the governments in 'hindi belt' are actually using their own native languages and not hindi officially in the government offices?
you think that hindi belt is imposing hindi on themselves? But fact is all those state has adopted hindi themselves. Languages u referring as native language are mostly dialects and part of hindi family. Dialects vary from district to districts. But considered part of hindi. Many such dialects have no unique name and are usually associated with locality name. Old saying is that dialects changes after every 10-20kms. No language is uniform, so does hindi.
If your logic is applied that one state will have dozens of officials dialects..

Thanks for proving my point.

Btw its language, not dialect when almost the entire state speaks it.
And that one language is hindi and not dozens of dialects varying in every district of same state. I hope u get point.

I feel commentator was a bit misquoted.

Here's the translations of the commentator : In India every Indian should know Hindi. It's their mother tongue."

Personal opinion : Don't know whether it's mother tongue or not. All Indians should take effort to learn one of it's official language along with the language of the region which shall be their mother tongue.

Profile - The Union - Official Language - Know India: National Portal of India
We'll learn English then.

Spam link on post removed
Yes I some way that's true but not 100%, people from southern site of india do not feel comfortable with hindi we should respect them, actually indian constitution says that the government of india should promote hindi and make effect to limiting English, I am living in uttarakhand and since independence we are following Hindi but I never faced that our local dialect is being backward because of hindi.
So it's good to have india speaking a single language it can be any language. official language of india there are two official languages hindi and English but we don't have any national language,

Yes I some way that's true but not 100%, people from southern site of india do not feel comfortable with hindi we should respect them, actually indian constitution says that the government of india should promote hindi and make effect to limiting English, I am living in uttarakhand and since independence we are following Hindi but I never faced that our local dialect is being backward because of hindi.
So it's good to have india speaking a single language it can be any language. official language of india there are two official languages hindi and English but we don't have any national language,
You dug up a 1 year old thread just to post this? :biggrin: ...

Why so much problem in speeking Hindi? Why can't we have one official language? Is the states like Rajasthan, Gujrat, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, etc. lost their culture, their love and respect towards regional language?
We are ready to use some foreign language for communication but not our own language which is oriented from Sanskrit itself?
Watch this if you have problem with our beloved language 'Hindi'
Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock