“Indians should speak Hindi” - Ranji Trophy Commentators

Why we are debating, commentator just expressed his opinions. Every Indian has freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech is expressing your opinion and not forcing others to do. There is a difference. Lets say You do not like Rice to eat. What if I say that if you did not eat rice, you are not a india and you are a anti-national, and i ask you to go to pakistan? Won't that be absurd?

Why Wikipedia? I posted from official government of India's site. There is no point of debating on such absurd topic. Commentators were both right and wrong. It's correct that we should know our official languages. But no one should force or mock anyone for not knowing official language in a democracy. Meanwhile I suggest watching this episode to know how Hindi became our national language.
Source
What national language?

I think here commentary wanted to say that players shouldn't be ashamed of not knowing English during presentation or any other conversation in simple words
This is norm nowadays if we don't know English we are not treated well in india
Best example of not knowing English and still successful are eastern Asian countries like China,south Korea,Japan when preference is given to talent and not their knowledge in English

Hindi is not everyone's mother tongue. According to 2011 census, about 43.63% people's native language is Hindi. Bengali comes 2nd, 8.30%. But about 692 million people understand Hindi (2nd or 3rd language). English comes 2nd, about 129 million.

Now which is the best to learn for non hindi speakers as 2nd language?
In my opinion, English is the most followed language in the world. Most computer programing, research papers, higher education, books, science, follow the english language mostly.....Not Hindi. People who can afford want to study in private english medium school... So in global perspective, you have to learn English.

Hindi is not everyone's mother tongue. According to 2011 census, about 43.63% people's native language is Hindi. Bengali comes 2nd, 8.30%. But about 692 million people understand Hindi (2nd or 3rd language). English comes 2nd, about 129 million.

Now which is the best to learn for non hindi speakers as 2nd language?
In my opinion, English is the most followed language in the world. Most computer programing, research papers, higher education, books, science, follow the english language mostly.....Not Hindi. People who can afford want to study in private english medium school... So in global perspective, you have to learn English.
Native hindi speakers are closer to 25%. They brush the real native languages of 'hindi belt' under the rug and consider them all as native speakers of hindi which is just propaganda. Even their state govts won't pass any official state work in their own languages.

I think here commentary wanted to say that players shouldn't be ashamed of not knowing English during presentation or any other conversation in simple words
This is norm nowadays if we don't know English we are not treated well in india
English is the most followed language in the world. Most computer programing, research papers, higher education, books, science, follow the english language mostly
agree with both of you! 💯

in India, we're taught 3 languages in School (English, Hindi & Mother Tongue), and WE treat English as a SKILL, not as a language, this is why WE Indians think "ah, look he doesn't know English, so here's no value of him"

on the other side, HINDI is being OVER promoted since TV became a daily thing in our life. Reason why our Mother Tongue loosing the VALUE, "some" people even ashamed to speak in their Mother Tongue, according to them speaking in your mother tongue makes you a 'gawar' or 'illiterate'.

Last edited:
Now this false statement is your propaganda😂
So, you can prove that the governments in 'hindi belt' are actually using their own native languages and not hindi officially in the government offices?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock