“Indians should speak Hindi” - Ranji Trophy Commentators

IamTRoy4

Reaction score
Source
Translation:
He said "Hindi is our Mother Tongue, so every Hindustani must know Hindi, there's no other language like this to us". Then the other commentator said "exactly you're right and I'm very angry towards those people who says 'why Indian Cricketers speak hindi (during presentation/interview)', living in India what language should we speak other than HINDI?"

what are your thoughts on his comment?
as a Cricket Commentator should've he done this on LIVE TV?

Last edited:
I feel commentator was a bit misquoted.

Here's the translations of the commentator : In India every Indian should know Hindi. It's their mother tongue."

Personal opinion : Don't know whether it's mother tongue or not. All Indians should take effort to learn one of it's official language along with the language of the region which shall be their mother tongue.

Profile - The Union - Official Language - Know India: National Portal of India

I feel commentator was a bit misquoted.

Here's the translations of the commentator : In India every Indian should know Hindi. It's their mother tongue."

Personal opinion : Don't know whether it's mother tongue or not. All Indians should take effort to learn one of it's official language along with the language of the region which shall be their mother tongue.

Profile - The Union - Official Language - Know India: National Portal of India
India has 20+ official languages.

And hindi is not most Indians mother tongue.

#StopHindiImposition

All Indians should take effort to learn one of it's official language along with the language of the region which shall be their mother tongue.
India has 20+ official languages.
wikipedia says India has 2 Official Languages (Hindi & English) with 20 Regional Language Languages with official status in India - Wikipedia
AB511i3.jpg

wikipedia says India has 2 Official Languages (Hindi & English) with 20 Regional Language Languages with official status in India - Wikipedia
AB511i3.jpg
That is wrong bro. 20+ are official languages of India and thousand more smaller languages and dialects as well.

Hindi is also a regional language only and a new one at that. Hindi-English is only for the usage of central govt. Congress govt forced it upon Indians for decades. Do you think English is also our mother tongue just because it says its official language like hindi?

Last edited:
AB511i3.jpg
Why Wikipedia? I posted from official government of India's site. There is no point of debating on such absurd topic. Commentators were both right and wrong. It's correct that we should know our official languages. But no one should force or mock anyone for not knowing official language in a democracy. Meanwhile I suggest watching this episode to know how Hindi became our national language.
Source

Why Wikipedia? I posted from official government of India's site. There is no point of debating on such absurd topic. Commentators were both right and wrong. It's correct that we should know our official languages. But no one should force or mock anyone for not knowing official language in a democracy. Meanwhile I suggest watching this episode to know how Hindi became our national language.
Source
The information is wrong, India does not have a national language.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock