Indian Railway Services Updates

IRCTC Launches chardhaam yatra package for this year. Yatra will start from 14th may and will end on 25th May.
12day 11night package will cost 58900(for atleast 3px) and 77600(for 1px) , 61400(for 2px).
Incl. Breakfast , Dinner and all mode of transportation.
Itinerary: Badrinath, Barkot, Guptkashi, Gangotri, Haridwar, Kedarnath, Jankichati, Sonprayag, Uttarkashi, Yamunotri .

I travelled for first time on train after 2015 the last weekend from Bangalore to Coimbatore.I don't know whether my experience was just a blip or this is everyday story but i was deeply unsatisfied with the journey and the amenities provided.I travelled in First Class coupe but there was no attendant for the coach,there was no pantry on the train eventhough it was advertised.I understand that now Pillows,Bedsheets are allowed on the trains but there was none for my train.Toilets were smelly .If this is type of service provided no wonder people travel though air rather than train even for small distances such as the one i had taken despite the air fares being significantly higher.

Travelled in train after a long time because of too much luggage. I also really like the view while travelling. I was amazed by the cleaness. The cleaning guy came and cleaned atleast twice everyday. Although toilets were still overflowing and people were litering. I don't blame them as dustbins were full to the core. And one has to go out of compartment to throw the thrash. There are so many flaws. IRCTC serves pathetic food. Nothing taste good and gets easily spoiled. Too many vendors even in AC compartment. Comes every five minutes to sell tea and snacks. Than you got them turning off AC every once in a while without asking anyone. No curtains for humongous windows. Good luck sleeping. I didn't feel safe travelling one bit as trains will stop just anywhere for other trains to pass in the middle of the night which is really scary if there is no cop in the compartment. Also there are metal detectors or security check-ins at almost all stations. People can get in anything in the compartments if they want. There is still no punctuality.

Look even they know how unsafe they are. Otherwise Ola offers optional insurance while travelling. One of the biggest travel company in the world doesn't. Cost is much less travelling in train than on bus and air. But getting assured tickets is also a nightmare equally.

The free Wifi at station provided by Railtel is no langer free anymore.except the 1st 30minute of the day.after 30 minute user have to pay to use internet. User have to pay ₹10,₹15,₹20,₹30,₹40,₹50,₹75 according their need.
Very bold step taken by Railtel.
xbr85Z3.jpg

Travelled in train after a long time because of too much luggage. I also really like the view while travelling. I was amazed by the cleaness. The cleaning guy came and cleaned atleast twice everyday. Although toilets were still overflowing and people were litering. I don't blame them as dustbins were full to the core. And one has to go out of compartment to throw the thrash. There are so many flaws. IRCTC serves pathetic food. Nothing taste good and gets easily spoiled. Too many vendors even in AC compartment. Comes every five minutes to sell tea and snacks. Than you got them turning off AC every once in a while without asking anyone. No curtains for humongous windows. Good luck sleeping. I didn't feel safe travelling one bit as trains will stop just anywhere for other trains to pass in the middle of the night which is really scary if there is no cop in the compartment. Also there are metal detectors or security check-ins at almost all stations. People can get in anything in the compartments if they want. There is still no punctuality.

Look even they know how unsafe they are. Otherwise Ola offers optional insurance while travelling. One of the biggest travel company in the world doesn't. Cost is much less travelling in train than on bus and air. But getting assured tickets is also a nightmare equally.
Insurance is there bro when you book through IRCTC online booking. They deduct the charges accordingly.

IRCTC provides insurance option. 0.35INR for per person.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock