Indian Bullet Train Will Need 100 Trips Daily to be Financially Viable: Study

Rahulan Raj said:
Express Trains are not popular here , but they can speed around 200kmph.. No bullet trains in Australia I believe...

Anyway who cares 1000km flight in 1.5hrs for AUD $70 while train cost around AUD $100 ...

Normally people love trains for leisure trips with private cabin facilities...;)

If there is no traffic then of course train can run at 200 kmph but here lots of traffic so while entering large cities trains often gets delayed bcoz of congestion :s

Sarkar said:
If there is no traffic then of course train can run at 200 kmph but here lots of traffic so while entering large cities trains often gets delayed bcoz of congestion :s

Lol traffic on railway tracks ? Trains in India are not fast coz the age old railway tracks doesnt support high speed trains, it will take huge investment to upgrade railway tracks which is not possible coz a little increase in price of tickets will bring the govt to a standstill. Avg speed of a superfast express is around 60 km/hr a bike can run faster than that.

sagar.patnaik said:
Lol traffic on railway tracks ? Trains in India are not fast coz the age old railway tracks doesnt support high speed trains, it will take huge investment to upgrade railway tracks which is not possible coz a little increase in price of tickets will bring the govt to a standstill. Avg speed of a superfast express is around 60 km/hr a bike can run faster than that.

AFAIK last sunday I spent almost 45 minutes waiting in Kumbha exp just to get in lucknow station and there are many such occasion in the route which results almost 3.5 hrs delay in reaching Howrah station from haridwar and also I spend almost 30 minutes everyday in Local EMU in Dumdum junction and in before entering Sealdah station bcoz of Red signal which means I think traffic ahead. Correct me if I am wrong ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock