Indefinite bus strike in Tamil Nadu from tomorrow

• Thread starter Thread starter UDHAY
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 2,760
Bus services to be affected in TN as transport workers' unions announce indefinite strike

Transport workers' unions announced an indefinite strike from Friday as wage revision talks between them and the Tamil Nadu government failed on Thursday evening.
Drivers and conductors of various state transport corporations in Tamil Nadu - TNSTC, SETC and MTC -- went on a sudden strike on Thursday evening as talks with transport minister MR Vijayabaskar remained inconclusive. After the talks failed, the unions announced the indefinite strike.

Bus services to be affected in TN as transport workers' unions announce indefinite strike - Times of India

Normal life affected in TN, as 80% of buses are off road..

Govt seeking help of temporary drivers. College and school buses asked to run as Route bus in Chennai

During my last trip I saw very few buses in Chennai compared to Mumbai or Kolkata, people prefer bike and auto, i think there are much less buses in Chennai and Delhi so it shouldn't affect much.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you dont hike bus fare and dont maintain buses properly due to that corporation running in loss and not able to give asked salary to the employee.

I must say poor management towards Tamilnadu Transport corporation

This is what happens when you dont hike bus fare and dont maintain buses properly due to that corporation running in loss and not able to give asked salary to the employee.

I must say poor management towards Tamilnadu Transport corporation

What is the minimum bus fare ? Here in Kolkata it is Rs 6

Upto 4 - 5 not sure

But 19kms fare is - 7, 21km fare is - 10

It's cheap there, here in village minimum is Rs 7(more than Kolkata may be because large stoppage distance than Kolkata), 20 km fare is Rs 15, 80 km is Rs 50, 180 km is Rs 120

Back
Top Bottom