• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 1,081

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Leaders of a trade body in Tamil Nadu announced that the ban on sale of Pepsi and Coca-Cola in Tamil Nadu would be effective from August 15. This is not the first time such an announcement has been made. Earlier, in March 2017, a faction of traders made a decision not to sell Coca-Cola and Pepsi and took them off the shelves. The traders had then cited two reasons for taking this decision — health issues and the fact that multinational firms exploit groundwater resources. But within six to seven months, they started stocking these two brands again.

“We removed these products from our shop initially, but then it became difficult for us to maintain other products in the shop,” said Mani, a shopkeeper in T. Nagar.

Pepsi, Coke may go off shelves in T.N. from August

Somebody from TN sign petition to ban alcohol and cigarettes too.

This was earlier also i banned i remember :unsure:
Yes. Same has been mentioned in the article too.
This is not the first time such an announcement has been made. Earlier, in March 2017, a faction of traders made a decision not to sell Coca-Cola and Pepsi and took them off the shelves.

Boycott would be the better term, as it is from the retailers, not any government body.
This drama happened in 2017 also, boycott ended after some negotiations with Pepsi and Coke, more commission offered then.
A section of the trade body was trying to promote local brands like Bovonto, by Kali group but the attempts were not successful as urban users rejected those substitutes.

they will give some money to govt and then they will run their business,it we should be buy them or not.if we stops buying sure they may run in loss.but still more customers are buying them.also govt or court should make an order not to use underground water or river water for their production.as many parts of Tn are in water crisis...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock