Seeking Help I want to open new bank account

• Thread starter Manu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 2,059
It depends on what you are looking for. For phone banking Axis has the best UI imo. Their debit card charges are same as SBI and customer service is better than them. I personally don't have an Axis account but dad has one and i can say it's easily better than HDFC(my primary savings account). MAB is there in every private sector bank but there's no advantage in it.

Also it's not true that there are hidden charges in Pvt sector banks. They will let you know the charges while you make an account there. Just make sure you maintain MAB and know the charges for debit card since most banks have multiple debit cards with different charges.

My preference Axis > HDFC > other private sector banks like ICICI > SBI
I tell a charge @hdfc bank , Bro. Here in our area a hdfc bank is here. Few months back , I gone for a remittance of amount ₹25000, for their own branch situated in an another area. The teller is our shop costumer. So he said, here we charge a amount ₹250 for your remittance. So you remittance with your bank and send with your mobile banking. Then I did , like his advice.

Depends on your usage :
  • If you transfer money alot like more than 1Lac some day then basic saving account is not good option.
  • If you transfer basic amount regularly then open basic account but remember SBI won't allow more than 4-5 transection per month including UPI. Any other bank will allow regular ATM + 10 transection per day of month.
  • If you are looking for private bank you can open in any private bank all banks gives offer regularly but their basic saving amount is 5K for rural and 10K for urban.
Remember HDFC Bank & AXIS Bank gives more offer as compared to others. Axis Bank deposit money through deposit machine even on holidays where as HDFC Bank has limited services of depositing money via machine.

Last edited:
If you live in a semi urban or rural area go for HDFC+SBI. I use SBI and HDFC as my main accounts and combined MAB is just Rs.4500.

What about Union bank and Uco bank???
See most of time Uco Bank online services are down and mostly on weekends. Same is with SBI their services down after banking hours it might be coincidence. And, no idea about 'UNION BANK'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock