how to remove write protection of pendrive in windows 7 ??

• Thread starter Am@9
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 3,848

Am@9

Reaction score
Hello,I can't format my USB pen Drive, it shows the error as "The Disk is Write Protected"

How can i remove write protection from my pen drive in windows 7 ??

1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.

Am@9 said:
Hello,I can't format my USB pen Drive, it shows the error as "The Disk is Write Protected"

How can i remove write protection from my pen drive in windows 7 ??

Hi, where and when was the Pendrive bought? (Shop or a friend)

Try This:

Go to run command (press windows key and r key together once) and type regedit and press enter.

Go here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies >> Change value (on the right side) for "WriteProtect" to 1 (default 0).

if your pendrive is transcend made then use their utility like "OnLineRecovery" with internet connection... this stupid problems only occurs in transcend pendrives ( i think, because i have faced this )

pearlpearl said:
Try This:

Go to run command (press windows key and r key together once) and type regedit and press enter.

Go here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies >> Change value (on the right side) for "WriteProtect" to 1 (default 0).

in win XP tell me friend

prakash_Tv said:
in win XP tell me friend

Ok, please tell me till which in the following entry it is available in XP.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

If everything is there except "StorageDevicePolicies" then you may create it.

“WriteProtect”=dword:00000001

write_protect.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock