Discussion How to add RuPay Credit Card to BHIM UPI app (Step by Step Guide)

Abhishek012

Reaction score
How to add RuPay Credit Card to BHIM UPI app (Step by Step Guide):

As you all are aware that NPCI has rolled out RuPay card support for UPI interface. I was eagerly waiting for the launch and kept on looking for ways to add my PNB RuPay Credit card on the UPI apps.

The availability of RuPay UPI support for BHIM app for now, other UPI apps will added soon.

Bhim App download link - BHIM - MAKING INDIA CASHLESS – Apps on Google Play

Here are steps.

Prerequisites: In order to use this feature there are two major prerequisites.

1. RuPay credit card from PNB, UBI or Indian Bank (Canara and HDFC Bank coming soon)

kdDp5gq.jpg

Once these two pre-requisites are in place, use the following steps to add your card in the BHIM UPI app.

Step 1: Click on the bank name on the top navigation bar, this will take you to a secondary screen.

vYAfXpM.png

Step 2: You will be taken to the following screen

HD67KDw.png

Step 3: Select the Plus button to add your credit card. Search for your credit card provider, PNB, UBI and Indian bank available for now

Lpa1K27.png

nxQJ7Cv.png

Once a bank is selected, and if you have a credit card associated with that bank, you will start seeing a record for that credit card.

If you click on it, you will be taken to a new screen where you can add last six digit of your credit card for the verification purposes.

Once done, an OTP will be sent by the bank which you need to enter on the next screen. After successful verification, you will be able to set UPI pin for your credit card.

Experience while paying through the credit card on UPI: After successfully adding the credit card, I couldn't stop myself in terms of making my first ever transaction on UPI using credit card. Tried to pay to a small merchant QR payment using the same and it failed with error "CC Payment not enabled on Merchant UPI" (not the exact message but something on the similar lines).

Next time tried with Flipkart and payment went through without any issues.

Jrv1U3q.jpg

3rd time tried with Amazon credit card bill repayment via RuPay Credit card linked UPI (Inshort, Credit card bill repayment via Credit card) and worked perfectly.

You forgot to mention about charges. Generally app charges 2-5% for wallet addition from Credit Card also paying CC Bill via credit card is chargeable.
What are charges for for it?

What I read is that there are no charges can someone confirm. As per my knowledge if merchants have a transaction above certain limit then they have to pay the card processing charge

You forgot to mention about charges. Generally app charges 2-5% for wallet addition from Credit Card also paying CC Bill via credit card is chargeable.
What are charges for for it?
No extra charges, This is Credit on UPI payment.

Your payment mode is "UPI", Not Credit card.

Now, if merchant is not support "Credit UPI" then we will get this error "CC Payment not enabled on Merchant UPI" (not the exact message but something on the similar lines) but no extra charges or any hidden charges.

@federer.reddevil

Here is the new finding guys, tried paying with UPI enabled PNB RuPay Credit Card using BHIM UPI app with different vendors and here are the findings.

1. With small eatery having Paytm Barcode: Transaction went through and vendor received the payment instantly Paytm soundbox also announced the receipt of the payment.

2. Another eatery with PhonePe Barcode: Transaction failed with error "Transaction not permitted to UPI ID by the PSP" here the PSP means Payment Service Provider which is PhonePe in this case.

Hence it seems that currently Paytm has allowed payments using UPI enabled credit cards but not PhonePe. I stand corrected to my previous assumption that a vendor needs to allow the payment, it is actually the UPI service provider who need to enable this service from their end.

Paytm has allowed payments using UPI enabled credit cards but not PhonePe.
PayTM merchant are registered with PAN Card and complete KYC process whereas PhonePe merchant QR code is nothing but a same printed QR which is in any random UPI user has to receive payment.

Here is the new finding guys, tried paying with UPI enabled PNB RuPay Credit Card using BHIM UPI app with different vendors and here are the findings.

1. With small eatery having Paytm Barcode: Transaction went through and vendor received the payment instantly Paytm soundbox also announced the receipt of the payment.

2. Another eatery with PhonePe Barcode: Transaction failed with error "Transaction not permitted to UPI ID by the PSP" here the PSP means Payment Service Provider which is PhonePe in this case.

Hence it seems that currently Paytm has allowed payments using UPI enabled credit cards but not PhonePe. I stand corrected to my previous assumption that a vendor needs to allow the payment, it is actually the UPI service provider who need to enable this service from their end.
Can you try it with Gpay barcode

i think those merchant where you can use paytm balance , wallet balance, will allow this UPI credit card.

logically paytm balance can be added from credit card

i think those merchant where you can use paytm balance , wallet balance, will allow this UPI credit card.

logically paytm balance can be added from credit card
No, this is UPI payment. PSP operator should enabled Credit UPI payment mode.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock