Breaking Hotstar X - a major upgraded experience of Disney+ Hotstar

They can have two seperate tabs. They already have seperate tab for each Star's linear TV channels. Including for the ones those have rebranded or shut down. Can't see why we can't have Star+ as a seperate tab.
'Star' is being founded by Disney to assort their non family friendly contents within Disney+ app. In India it isn't needed as Hotstar exists. Afterall the 'Star+' concept is shaped out from Hotstar itself.
Currently 'Disney+' act as an addon tab inside Hotstar, which can bear any contents. So a 'Star+' type tab isn't needed. But the new beta version may later transform like the homepage itself of Disney+. If so there will be a tab for non Disney contents is needed, But it will be named 'Hotstar' probably than 'Star'.

'Star' is being founded by Disney to assort their non family friendly contents within Disney+ app. In India it isn't needed as Hotstar exists. Afterall the 'Star+' concept is shaped out from Hotstar itself.
Currently 'Disney+' act as an addon tab inside Hotstar, which can bear any contents. So a 'Star+' type tab isn't needed. But the new beta version may later transform like the homepage itself of Disney+. If so there will be a tab for non Disney contents is needed, But it will be named 'Hotstar' probably than 'Star'.
I was talking about Star+ originals. They have limited Hulu content. Yet, a seperate tab dedicate to it.

Most Hotstar Originals are unbearable to watch. You won't find any casual fans talking about Hotstar Originals like they do with OTT's originals. They are desperate enough to bring TV shows hours before broadcast to gain customers. They even got Big Boss of their own. Only thing that make customers wanna buy a subscription is IPL (gone), BCCI, Premier League, F1 Race etc. Second factor is International shows like Game of Thrones, House of the Dragons, Marvel shows etc. If Disney+ shows leaves. They are doomed. They have even started compensating for IPL with Korean shows. I think Anime will be next.
Most of people bought subscription even to watch Hotstar special originals, local movies and Star shows on Hotstar, In Digital Streaming IPL struggling most of the time to Reach 1 Crores views and Pro kabaddi, Football views just near 2 lakhs views which means most of people subscribed not only for Sports or international shows.

Most of people bought subscription even to watch Hotstar special originals, local movies and Star shows on Hotstar, In Digital Streaming IPL struggling most of the time to Reach 1 Crores views and Pro kabaddi, Football views just near 2 lakhs views which means most of people subscribed not only for Sports or international shows.
Those shows are freemium. It's free by next day. Most movies becomes free after a month or two after it's release. Meanwhile it's not ideal to ☠️ live content like sports. Even for average picture quality. People end up buying a subscription. More people pay to Hotstar to watch Shinchan and Doraemon than their Hotstar Originals.

You won't find any casual fans talking about Hotstar Originals like they do with OTT's originals.
That's because most of us watch Netflix/Prime originals on Telegram, which means Netflix more popular but Netflix struggling on Real subscribers base.

That's because most of us watch Netflix/Prime originals on Telegram, which means Netflix more popular but Netflix struggling on Real subscribers base.
They have got some content that are almost impossible to be found on ☠️ platforms. On top of that you can't find older content which will get taken down. Netflix is not struggling in Asia. They are struggling outside Asia because of outdated business strategy.

They have got strong International content. Some random pirate won't waste his time and effort for some movie released in Denmark or Germany.

You won't find any casual fans talking about Hotstar Originals like they do with OTT's originals.
True. Other than Special Ops, Hotstar hasn't been able to provide any iconic (or popular) original that everyone talks about. Even Ajay Devgn's Rudra couldn't create any buzz.
There is the Criminal Justice series, but that too isn't much popular.
Most non-sports audience subscribe to watch Marvel, HBO, FX, etc content. Not Hotstar Specials.

Last edited:
True. Other than Special Ops, Hotstar hasn't been able to provide any iconic (or popular) original that everyone talks about. Even Ajay Devgn's couldn't create any buzz.
There is the Criminal Justice series, but that too isn't much popular.
Special Ops won us with it's cast. The money they wasted on Ajay Devgan's show could be easily used to enhance the budget of The Empire and Special Ops. Production of both of them were average. Felt like they had a good concept but a limited budget. I couldn't even finish the original Criminal Justice. They stretched it so much. It felt like that absurd Sony's show CID This is the first Pankaj Tripathi and Vikrant Massey show or movie I couldn't get behind. I am planning to give it a try again.

The money they wasted on Ajay Devgan's show could be easily used to enhance the budget of The Empire and Special Ops.
Ohh yes. The Empire is another show that I enjoyed. But this too couldn't take off in popularity. Even after trying several times, I couldn't get any of my friends to watch it. They said they never heard about it. People nowadays prefer to watch stuff that is popular or most talked about. Latest example would be Netflix's Dahmer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock