Hotstar growth in last year

Rajpatil98

Reaction score
Some key highlights from different articles

1. Hotstar Says grew 3x in 2019 on back of Cricket World Cup, Big Boss Tamil

Highlights
  • Hotstar now has more than 400 million app downloads twice than last year
  • Star India content is the source of strength for Hotstar
  • Regional content is on the rise and now contributes 40 percent of all entertainment consumption
  • The biggest of the lot, Big Boss Tamil, had 50 percent more consumption than the top Hindi show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, on Hotstar in 2019.
  • As for English content, Kofee with karan was the most viewed of the lot, with a third of the viewers coming from Mumbai
  • 63 percent of total video consumption on Hotstar came in from non-metro cities.
  • In terms of city-wise consumption, the likes of Lucknow, Pune, and Patna spent more time on Hotstar than bigger cities in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Kolkata
  • Hotstar claims 41 percent of Game of Thrones viewers also watched Hindi family dramas.
  • 95 percent of said consumption was on mobile phones, though connected TV devices are on the rise, reporting a 300 percent growth in viewers and a 600 percent growth in consumption,
2. Hotstar has had a great 2019 – with 555 installs per minute and 95% of consumption coming from mobile phones - Businessinsider India on Mobile

Highlights

• 555 installs per minute in 2019.
  • average user consuming 9.8 GB data per month.

3. Non-metro cities, regional languages drive Hotstar growth in 2019

Highlights

• data consumption per user is higher in states like Bihar and West Bengal compared to Maharashtra and Karnataka(thanks to star pravah and star suvarna)
  • 40% of the viewers of family dramas are men, with Hindi language TV show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai being the most watched show among the group. In fact, contrary to popular belief, men don’t dislike TV serials at all.
  • Their interest in family (even higher in some cases—7% for men in the 18-24 and 25-34 age group versus 6% for women in the same age groups) and mythological (8% for men in the 25-34 age group as compared to 4% for women) shows is on par with women.
  • Tamil, Telugu and Bengali emerging as the top regional markets
  • Bigg Boss Tamil being the most watched entertainment show, with 1.5 times the consumption of the top Hindi language television show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
  • Regional languages are also breaking geographical barriers—35% of the total Bengali consumption happens outside the state.
4. Hotstar crosses 400 million downloads: India Watch Report 2019

Highlights
  • during VIVO IPL 2019 64 million viewers participated in Watch ‘N Play, twice than last year
  • 1.5X time spent by viewers who participated in Watch’N Play compared to those who didn’t, during VIVO IPL 2019
  • Approximately 6 billion emojis were used during VIVO IPL 2019
  • Bringing friends closer, 44 Mn comments were shared live during VIVO IPL 2019

Last edited:
PQ is good for me when used during non-peak hours.6 pm - 9pm there is some " loading " icon.

I think of you must subscribe for VIP or Premium pack, there will be no pq problem. I'm a premium member and I haven't faced PQ problem till now.
i have both premium and vip subscription.
PQ is very dull in comparison to Sony Liv & prime

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock