• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 3,647

Msingh

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I was Act Fiber customer for almost last 10 years and was overall happy with the services and downtime redressal. However after Chinese virus pandemic situation, started facing frequent downtime and delayed fixes by Act customer care and these guys started giving horrible time even in replacing the batteries used to provide the backup in case of power cuts.

Then comes the new plans launched by Jio and Airtel which was 100 Mbps with 4.3 TB of FUP for 799 while I was paying 1075 for 100 Mbps but fup of 1 TB. Act took its own sweet time to update the plans for Hyderabad however there was not much changes, they upgraded my plan speed to 125 Mbps and doubled the FUP to 2 TB. That was the moment I decided to look for new service provider.

Excitel has been in my apartment for last three years and the LCO has been known to us and lives very near to our apartment (500 mtrs exactly to our apartment), he runs MSO and two ISPs as LCO for excitel and excell broadband.

Recently he upgraded the entire infrastructure to fiber and saw him putting fiber switch for every single tower. When I asked him if he can give fiber connection to me or will take time in overall fiber deployment. His question was how many days are pending to my existing plan with Act. I still had 8 days validity so he suggested me to get connection install on 7th last day to use the remaining service from Act which was actually smart move by him in saving my money. ☺️

Excitel guys were there at my place on 7th day with fiber, ONU and splicing machine. They took around 1 hr to install the connection. It's been 9 days of Excitel, no single downtime or any other issues. I have been really happy with Excitel and hoping to have smooth experience with them.

My fiber setup:

RJCTCwP.jpg

L2VnMhT.jpg

Speed test which is always around promised plan.
O03gaUB.jpg

Last edited:
Multi month plans are also great but right now I have opted for 1 month to review the stability and overall performance. Later I may go for 12 month plan.

dDW3TRw.jpg

Congrats bro, :clap2:But I have heard that excitel suspends your account if you use too much data like more than 2TB+ :huh::huh:
I know some folks from apartment and they have faced no such issues even after 5 TB of usage.

Let's see, my usage has been mostly around 1-1.2 TB per month.

I'm using 999 plan which gives 300 Mbps with no FUP.

They also have 699 for 100 Mbps and 899 for 200 Mbps, all are truly unlimited. No FUP whatsoever.
Wish such plans were available by other ISPs at other locations in India with such good service.

Only 2 major providers in my area - BSNL (non fiber), Railwire (service sucks). Jio is there in my city, just not in my area. Could take another 6 months :(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock