Google TV - News & Updates

Apps only view only removes content recommendation but content from apps still showing on background.

Apps only view only removes content recommendation but content from apps still showing on background.
It is showing ads/recommendation from apps I have not installed. In the pic below, it is showing an ad from Hulu which I have not installed:

ul35K4j.jpg

It is showing ads/recommendation from apps I have not installed. In the pic below, it is showing an ad from Hulu which I have not installed:
Google and Ads go hand in hand, nothing we can do about it. But it's still better than patchwall, in Google launcher at least we can choose the apps to get recommendations from and disable the apps we don't use, patchwall will continue to show recommendations even from apps we don't use and the user has no control on it.

Google and Ads go hand in hand, nothing we can do about it. But it's still better than patchwall, in Google launcher at least we can choose the apps to get recommendations from and disable the apps we don't use, patchwall will continue to show recommendations even from apps we don't use and the user has no control on it.
My google tv is full of ads and recommendations even if I disable it for all apps. I mostly rent and watch movies but I get very few rental recommendations. Most recommendations I get are from subscription OTTs which I don't even have installed.

"Rent or buy" has been added now on the home screen in the row titled "What do you feel like watching"

xrgajB0.jpg

zg4nNDE.jpg

Does anyone face this issue on Google TV Smart TVs or streaming devices: when hiding a video from "Continue Watching" row in the "For You" tab, it immediately comes back to the row.

This Free App Will Totally Change How You Use Your Google TV

Alphabet (GOOGL) to Boost Google TV Services With New Feature

This new feature, set to be present in Google TV's Quick Settings option, will enable users to switch between Bluetooth headphones and TV speakers without navigating to the full Settings menu.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock