Discussion Google Pixel 6a

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 8,733
drop was supposed to happen on Mar 6th. Got delayed -possibly on Mar 13th.

IMP: google has CHANGED how beta program works. you have to opt out NOW before monday to move to stable build. More details here:
Another update: jio 5g started working on my qpr2 beta device since yesterday just like that. No sms, nothing. It just latched on with ~700 mbps speed.

Later, I saw the welcome offer on my jio. After adding the welcome offer, it added another plan to my postpaid account. it shows unlimited 5g till next month. Since it is a postpaid, I suppose this will get updated every month on the billing date

Another update: jio 5g started working on my qpr2 beta device since yesterday just like that. No sms, nothing. It just latched on with ~700 mbps speed.

Later, I saw the welcome offer on my jio. After adding the welcome offer, it added another plan to my postpaid account. it shows unlimited 5g till next month. Since it is a postpaid, I suppose this will get updated every month on the billing date
Only till Diwali. Not every month.

Did the March update arrived for pixel 6a?

@Ashok Varma It is a great phone. Right now, I am downloading Android 14 (1GB in size). It has great cameras (for the price), decent one day battery life (considering the size) and super compact and light weight.

If you love small phones, you will love it. In my case, I use 2 phones (this and Moto G54), Pixel for calls, camera and occasional content consumption like YT (Great stereo speakers and AMOLED display helps). I use G54 for occasional calls and most Content consumption.

Beware, its 5G coverage is the WORST in the world.

Pixel 6a with custom ROM Rising OS has been really good. I'm finding less 5G issues now than earlier and this ROM comes with lots of customisation with original Pixel ROM is missing.

Last edited:
@Ashok Varma It is a great phone. Right now, I am downloading Android 14 (1GB in size). It has great cameras (for the price), decent one day battery life (considering the size) and super compact and light weight.

If you love small phones, you will love it. In my case, I use 2 phones (this and Moto G54), Pixel for calls, camera and occasional content consumption like YT (Great stereo speakers and AMOLED display helps). I use G54 for occasional calls and most Content consumption.

Beware, its 5G coverage is the WORST in the world.
Display, camera and speakers are really good 👍

Pixel 6a with custom ROM Rising OS has been really good. I'm finding less 5G issues now than earlier and this ROM comes with lots of customisation with original Pixel ROM is missing.
I used to love Custom ROM during GalaxyNexus days (about dozen years back), today is totally different. Earlier I had lot of reasons to root the phone, most of which are solved today. Restrictions from UPI, mAdhaar, Banking and other apps also won't help.

But this link will be helpful for many friends here. Even though 5G coverage of Pixel 6a is WORST, its 4G coverage is good enough. So for VoId or BSNL user, this is a great phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock