Discussion Google Pixel 4a - News & Updates

Flipkart is officially launching Pixel 4a on October 9th as part of BBD special launch.

Pre-orders might go live on the same day with sales from October 17th.

Would've been killer if it was priced like Op Nord ₹27999.
I would easily spend that 2k extra, just for the camera. And like @greylala91 mentioned, with card discount, it might come for around 28499, which is a great deal. Remember, 3a was launched at 39999 with far inferior specs. Google certainly learnt their lesson and now taking the Indian market seriously. This one is a perfect rival for iPhone SE2. Coming to Nord, With OnePlus moving away from stock android, people who love the stock android experience will flock to this phone.

I would easily spend that 2k extra, just for the camera. And like @greylala91 mentioned, with card discount, it might come for around 28499, which is a great deal. Remember, 3a was launched at 39999 with far inferior specs. Google certainly learnt their lesson and now taking the Indian market seriously. This one is a perfect rival for iPhone SE2. Coming to Nord, With OnePlus moving away from stock android, people who love the stock android experience will flock to this phone.
Yes. Even in the US, it is sold for ~26,000 ($349). We are just paying 4000 more. With bank offers, just 2500 more. It is an amazing phone. Love to see the aggressive pricing from Google. I will be happier if they launch Pixel 5.

The price aggressiveness is not just due to change of mind of Google, but also due to the change of MFG location, afaik. Earlier Google made Pixel devices in CHINA and hence need to pay 20+% extra for import duty. Thanks to Trump's threatenings to China, Google moved most if not all of its products' manufacturing to Vietnam. India has some treaty with Vietnam to have zero duty on most of imports, which was made good use by ASUS (smartphones) earlier, now Google joined recently.

If we take US Price 349$ @ Rs73.14 + 18% GST == approx Rs30,000. (Freight and other expenses are almost equal to that to US and hence ignored). So Rs28.5k is really an aggressive price from Google. Even Rs32k is good enough considering the currency fluctuations and other expenses.

I'm still not satisfied with this pricing. Rs 32k for a 730G is overblown. They should've offered the 765G at that price...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock