• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 1,616

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Soon, you will not be able to download the Google Now Launcher app. According to an email sent by the company to its Google Mobile Services (GMS) partners, it will remove the Google Now Launcher app from the Google Play Store sometime in the first quarter of 2017. That means the app will be gone from the store sometime before the end of March.

The email, sent to Android Police, indicates that while the Google Now Launcher app will soon won’t be available to download, the company still plans to support anyone who has already installed it on their phone or tablet with updates to the Google search app. GMS partners will no longer be able to offer new devices with Google Now Launcher after March 1, 2017. Existing devices can continue to use the app, and any new Android phones or tablets launched after March 1 will not be required to replace the app with something else.

The main reason for the change is that third-party Android devices can now integrate the Google Now panel on any launcher app, so there’s no need for Google to have a separate launcher of its own.

The Google Now Launcher was officially launched in February 2014, so its removal from the Google Play Store will come about three years after its first appearance. Even without the Google Now Launcher, Google still has its own launcher of course, in the form of the Pixel Launcher that went live in October 2016 for its Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-now-launcher-shut-down-747349/

Good move, it was not being updated.

When i launched it before month ago , then my phone time to time hanged

Very good Move :) its not required .

It will be interesting to see what Moto does for their launcher now. Will they be using their own launcher or will they partner with something like Nova Launcher?

ilikered said:
It will be interesting to see what Moto does for their launcher now. Will they be using their own launcher or will they partner with something like Nova Launcher?

Bro, nova launcher is the best. I missed nova launcher prime offer period. Now, the app rate is ₹ 150. :(:(

D. J. Das. said:
Bro, nova launcher is the best. I missed nova launcher prime offer period. Now, the app rate is ₹ 150. :(:(
That's true, I've been using it for years and it's awesome. Sad that you missed the offer, it's a steal deal for 10 rupees. Probably you'll get another offer.

ilikered said:
That's true, I've been using it for years and it's awesome. Sad that you missed the offer, it's a steal deal for 10 rupees. Probably you'll get another offer.

How?? :huh

After, purchasing the app, if I uninstall the app, does I needed to purchase it again from play store??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock