General Discussions on Bharti Airtel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 594
  • Views: Views 87,706
I port my Vi Sim to Airtel and today 60+ days passed but still i am getting SMS From Vi care.
when it ll stop ?
Don’t know i too ported vi to airtel now its two months I receiving calls of Vi google assistant n sms

Got this message from Airtel yesterday. Not sure if there has been any changes in the network in AP circle lately. I dont see any difference though :)
2Ayshg5.png

Actually Airtel didn't buy even a single kHz of spectrum in the auction for AP, Mumbai and Delhi circles. It actually sold their unused Band 5 spectrum to Jio, in all 3 said circles. The SMS is a bad joke and good marketing attempt.

I recharged ₹98 just few days before my 28days validity ending day. So i have lot of data as unused.
But before validity expiry , I recharged again ₹48 , got 28days+3GB Data, in the hop e that my previous unused data validity will also get extension.
But that was my wrong assumption.
Ok now whenever I access internet , my data Balance got debited from 3GB data quota which I received from ₹48pack and to my shocking unused data of ₹98 pack is still in unused condition, same as was earlier.

I recharged ₹98 just few days before my 28days validity ending day. So i have lot of data as unused.
But before validity expiry , I recharged again ₹48 , got 28days+3GB Data, in the hop e that my previous unused data validity will also get extension.
Ok now whenever I access internet , my data Balance got debited from 3GB data quota which I received from ₹48pack and to my shocking unused data of ₹98 pack is still in unused condition, same as was earlier.
Well, I guess it is happening because of the way how the 98 and 48 packs are designed.

Here's what I think. Let me know if I'm making sense.

98 = Data is valid until end of current base pack (unlimited pack or smart pack)

48 = Data is valid for 28 days or till current unlimited pack validity (whichever is lower)

Even if your base pack validity goes beyond 28 days, the old unused data balance from the 98 pack will still be available until your base pack ends.

On the other hand, any unused data balance from the 48 pack will expire after 28 days, regardless of whether or not your base pack still has validity.

So, according to the system, the data balance from the 48 pack has the chance of expiring first (28 days or less). And the 98 pack data balance has the chance of lasting longer than 28 days (if your base pack validity goes beyond that).

So I guess the system has been designed to debit data from the pack that theoretically has fewer validity.

Well, I guess it is happening because of the way how the 98 and 48 packs are designed.

Here's what I think. Let me know if I'm making sense.

98 = Data is valid until end of current base pack (unlimited pack or smart pack)

48 = Data is valid for 28 days or till current unlimited pack validity (whichever is lower)

Even if your base pack validity goes beyond 28 days, the old unused data balance from the 98 pack will still be available until your base pack ends.

On the other hand, any unused data balance from the 48 pack will expire after 28 days, regardless of whether or not your base pack still has validity.

So, according to the system, the data balance from the 48 pack has the chance of expiring first (28 days or less). And the 98 pack data balance has the chance of lasting longer than 28 days (if your base pack validity goes beyond that).

So I guess the system has been designed to debit data from the pack that theoretically has fewer validity.
It should be, if my data pack going to end first then the data should be consumed from that pack only not from the base pack.
If it consumed fully then data balance should be debited from main pack only
In my case my 98 pack had 1 day validity and 48 pack has 28days validity. But data consumed from 48 data pack and whole 98 data balance got wasted.

Its works with unlimited packs and smart pack ₹49 and ₹79

It should be, if my data pack going to end first then the data should be consumed from that pack only not from the base pack.
If it consumed fully then data balance should be debited from main pack only
In my case my 98 pack had 1 day validity and 48 pack has 28days validity. But data consumed from 48 data pack and whole 98 data balance got wasted.
Does the 48 pack work without any main pack (base pack to extend the outgoing calls validity)?

What is your main pack now?

₹48 plan works without a base plan with both incoming and outgoing validity.
That's cool! I did not know that.

So this plan's 28 days data validity extends the validity for outgoing calls too. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock