General Discussions on AirFiber

Yes based on the plans released by jio and after covering sufficient part of the country they will generally do this same like fiber plans like black plans etc
For the sake of its DTH. Airtel never offer add on OTT for its Fiber customers, even BSNL and ACT have better OTT add on for its basic Fiber plans like Jio

Last edited:
I don’t know how this gonna work in India.. But actually with 5G it is truly different In USA some people completely disconnecting their wired broadband and using this home internet services and some are even calling this is as cord cutting 2.0
In US, spectrum in is in abundance. We still don't have that. Almost 150-190Mhz if N41 with TMobile+30-40Mhz of N71+20-40Mhz of N77(N77 not even deployed by TMobile). This TMobile combination with NR CA has achieved 3Gbps in ideal conditions. Imagine in real life.
Verizon has 140-200Mhz of N77+CBRS spectrum(20-40Mhz, I am not sure). Verizon has achieved close to 2Gbps mark with 100Mhz of CBand plus 30-50Mhz of LTE spectrum. Imagine the speeds when extra CBand will be deployed.
AT&T have 60-100Mhz of CBand+DoD spectrum.

This itself can give 1Gbps speeds if optimised properly and there is proper balance between three operators in a particular area. So, it's good to have that kind of service there. Fiber is also abundant there. AT&T and Google Fiber is in abundance, techies use 1Gbps connection minimum. They have 5Gbps connection as well if I am not wrong. Wifi 7 routers are available in US market. We are yet to see 100Mbps affordable FTTH here in India. Jio has kept prices way too high, resulting in higher pricing by Airtel and later they have joined hands in exploitations of consumers. Hopefully, prices of FTTH connection will go down in next two years.

I am not even counting mmwave.

I don’t know how this gonna work in India.. But actually with 5G it is truly different In USA some people completely disconnecting their wired broadband and using this home internet services and some are even calling this is as cord cutting 2.0
Dongles based on mobile data plans, but Airfiber based on fixed wireless service to specific celltower
Technically it's working from Mobile/Telecom Towers only like Dongles. they're using their 5G for Airfiber Big Dongles.
Yes, but it's unlimited at 100Mbps. Makes huge difference. And you can use it anywhere.
Yeah It's Unlimited Data and Dongles provides limited data offers earlier, which is only difference I see.

Satellite Internet looks great and different from Telecom/Broadband, But Internet Speed consistently won't get like Telecom/Broadband.
o7DFvqu.jpg

People are unhappy with Jiofiber service already. Whoever has stuck with them because of JioTV
care to explain what the issue with Jio Fiber. Am using it for last 2 years, and in that entire 2 years i have only 3 to 4 downtime and that too rectified in 2hrs time. Am very much satisfied with the service, way better than my previous connection Railwire.

Nd am using 699 Plan, and am not sticking to Jio Fiber because of JioTV.

Jio/Airtel investment too high on 5G and equipments, they're working different way to sell 5G with Products. else it's very difficult to breakeven of their investments.
Airtel Airfiber plan is too costly for villagers and middle class in small towns, can’t attract masses and need to compare Jio Fiber 399 plan and BSNL broadband basic plan

For the sake of its DTH. Airtel never offer add on OTT for its Fiber customers, even BSNL and ACT have better OTT add on for its basic Fiber plans like Jio
Airtel Airfiber plan is too costly for villagers and middle class in small towns, can’t attract masses and need to compare Jio Fiber 399 plan and BSNL broadband basic plan
Airtel ultimately win against jio if they offers on their every products. Reliance/jio entering in every sector, unlikely they sustain for long term nobody can't manage everything in same time.

People are still using fiber connection in US. This is Texas, Google Fiber. US has deployed fiber extensively. Just at 10000 INR per month.
YXwCKtW.png

Last edited:
People are unhappy with Jiofiber service already. Whoever has stuck with them because of JioTV.
Says who? Speak for yourself. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. Never faced even a single minute downtime and my WiFi connection is on 24hrs. Easily the best investment I've ever made. And out of 2 years I didn't even pay for 3-4 months because my local Jio guy distributed my referral code in the area 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock