Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,093
  • Views: Views 169,408
Idea Odisha Providing 3 Times 1Hour Unlimited 4G Internet @ Re.1 each for Users Who Upgrade to 4G

RJio is choking our networks: telcos

Rajan Mathews, director general of COAI, said: "We asked for clarity on whether this is compliant with regulations, as 1.5 million subscribers are tantamount to a commercial launch as the trial period has been extended yet again and networks of our operators are getting choked."

Jio had launched trial services last December and its users are consuming 25-30 times more data than the Indian average, because the services are free. Even though Jio is still in the trial phase, rivals alleged that it is trying to port their subscribers.

Clearly, the extension of free services is beginning to hurt incumbents in more ways than one. In its letter to DoT, COAI has said: "this is no test. This is the provisioning of full-blown and full-fledged services, masquerading as tests, which bypass regulations and can potentially game policy features like the IUC (Interconnection Usage Charges) regime, non-predatory pricing and fair competition etc."

RJio is choking our networks: telcos | Business Standard News

War started. Reliance jio already overtaken Airtel,Voda,Idea in terms of Data carrying capacity even before launch which hurts all telcos so much that they cannot digest their poor Q1 results  :lol

Airtel gifted me to 10rs for no reason. ;)

76889615b02fecf0feacc31ae808d84f.jpg

Why don't they never give me ?  :wall  This is unfair and violation of Right to Equality  :angry

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock