General Discussion about Jio

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,470
  • Views: Views 358,153
No, bro... You have so much good faith in them. Without Jio, they will never give 1GB 3G data for Rs100. NEVER... NEVER...

That cheap 2G data is also because of Tata Docomo only. Docomo gave 3GB data for Rs68 for a month. I remember, because this is the plan used for CC - POS machines at that time..

The best of the best tariff plan from Airtel with HUGE (???) data is Solitaire 1599 plan. Even this was a response to RCom's UL plan (UL calls, SMS, 6GB 3G & then UL 2G data).
The benefits are as below:-
[1] 10,000 minutes of calls usage including Local / STD / CUG / Roaming incoming and outgoing. (Yes CUG minutes are also used in this limit)
[2] 1000 Local/STD SMS (But roaming SMS chargable)
[3] 8GB 3G data & overages charged at 3p/10KB or Rs3,146 / GB ===>>> Rs200 / GB
[4] Video calls @ Rs3/min (no FREE allowance)
[5] For charges beyond free usage kindly see the attached images.
[6] Plan Rental Rs1599 + 12.36% VAT.
sCCEpyq.jpg

SQQA9l7.jpg

Zuu2Rly.jpg

=============​

Just Imagine, I used to pay around Rs2000/- per month (incl roaming SMS, occasional ISD) for my one single number. Now my Mom's Airtel prepaid plan is Rs1498/- UL calls + 24GB data + 3600 SMS for one whole year.

Whoever are saying, Jio didn't bring data revolution to India, are either having pretty bad memory or they are lying... Before Jio, MOBILE DATA (to some extend BroadBand as well) USED TO BE A LUXURY...
True, i had similar bills for my mobile for many years. I remember paying 499+ tax to Idea which was giving 1000 minutes of voice and 1 GB of data before moving to Jio trial SIM.

I was use to disable data and enable only when I had to check something but now it's altogether different scenario.

Jio changed how everyone uses data now.

JIO silently changed the broadband industry too before JIO Fiber I used to pay Rs1000+ for just 6 Mbps and now at that, I can get 150 Mbps+.
Yes bro... I can remember the day, when I went to ask for high speed fiber plan to BSNL office. After seeing my requirements, they shamelessly showed a plan with Rs12,000 per month. YES, 12k a month. I literally replied, "Kindly Keep all the fiber safely in your back side". But the BSNL old man can't understand my dark humor.
I was use to disable data and enable only when I had to check something but now it's altogether different scenario.
Exactly... With WiFi switched ON all time in my mobile and the BroadBand is available in both home and office, I was the only person in my home to keep mobile data always ON. My Kids can never imagine that, their mother (my wife) used mobile data like a TAP WATER, when they started learning walking.

In 2013, When my pregnant wife was in her mom's house in a village (no BB, no 3G), I have to call her to check Whatsapp, after sending a pic. She will then switch on mobile data and then download the 50 kb file in 5 to 10 minutes and switch off the data and then call me back. I used Samsung Galaxy Note 2, (with extra battery charged in external battery charger). That 3100mAh battery lasts half a day and I will swap the second battery after lunch. Removable battery, 3.5mm jack, good old days. Now the most higher end phone with 3.5mm jack is Note10 Lite. I will use it till its end.

---------​
Here is a glimpse of ADSL BROADBAND plans. Attached image has these same details.
Rs125 = 2Mbps till 150MB for a MONTH. (Now JioPhone has more DAILY data than this). This is TAP WATER style Brodband Plan.
Rs500 = 2Mbps till 2.5GB + Night (2AM to 8AM) UL. <<== Most used BB plan at that time.
Rs650 = 256kbps till 3GB (Only BSNL knows why this plan existed)
Rs749 = 256kbps till 8GB then 20p/MB
Rs850 = 1Mbps till 10GB then 20p/MB
Rs1400 = 4Mbps till 25GB, then UL data @ 256kbps (Used by me)
Rs1500 = 2Mbps till 25GB, overages extra charged @ 10p/MB. (Why to select this over Rs1400 plan???)
Rs3500 = 2Mbps till 60GB then 10p/MB
Rs4500 = 8Mbps till 75GB then 10p/MB

yKQFVmr.png

Last edited:
I want to send more than 100 sms in a day what will be the charges beyond 100 sms?? Any special plan to reduce sms charges after 100 sms in a day?

I want to send more than 100 sms in a day what will be the charges beyond 100 sms?? Any special plan to reduce sms charges after 100 sms in a day?

I think without Jio. 4G would be restricted to urban areas. Rural India would still be using 2G. Semi rural area would get 3G. Before Jio except for Aircel. No one even bothered to buy 4G spectrum for Northeastern states. I don't think data would be as expensive as we are expecting it to be. Telecos would try to earn from mass adaption of Internet. Silicon Valley giants would also have a huge hand in making data affordable.

Last edited:
we can send 200 SMS per day but only 100 are free and after that 50 paisa per sms .. and no any plan for reducing that cost 🤔

I think without Jio. 4G would be restricted to urban areas. Rural India would still be using 2G. Semi rural area would get 3G. Before Jio except for Aircel. No one even bothered to buy 4G spectrum for Northeastern states. I don't think data would be as expensive as we are expecting it to be. Telecos would try to earn from mass adaption of Internet. Silicon Valley giants would also have a huge hand in making data affordable.
NEVER under-estimate the GREEDINESS of a Corp company, when there is NO worthy competition in sight.

Do you remember, (before Jio) when Airtel asked for charging Whatsapp calls in minutes, even when customers are using Data Pack? The whole internet community cried for NET-NEUTRALITY due to that ???

Facebook joined hands with RCom to allow people to access some websites of their choice for FREE, even without data pack ?? (Again cry for net-neutrality arose).

Even with OTT companies pressure from the silicon valley giants like Netflix & Amazon Prime, WITH NO JIO IN SIGHT, the maximum AVoId Gang will do is
[1] Airtel join hands with Prime Video for twice data (Rs249 = 1GB others + 1GB Amazon Prime)
[2] Voda will join Netflix with same plan (Rs248 = 1GB others + 1GB Netflix @ 240p),
[3] Idea with Google (Rs249 = 1GB others + 1GB Youtube + 500MB YouTube Ads).
[4] BSNL with Doordarshan (Rs239 = 1.1GB others + 1.5GB DD sports live stream)
[5] RCom with FB (Rs249 = 1GB others + 2.5GB zero rated apps)
[6] Docomo with Microsoft (Rs249 = 2GB others + 10GB Windows 10 update).

On the other hand, Jio caused many small telcos to close. I was in love with Aircel and its affordable packs. Docomo is forgettable though
Docomo introduced pay per second. Also gave us that beautiful song. Meanwhile Vodafone in our circle was the first to introduce Rs.10 recharge. I remember they use to sell Vodafone SIMs as gift sets for Rs. 300 which had accessories like watches. I had the watch.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock