General Discussion about Jio

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,470
  • Views: Views 358,358
QMgBfNj.jpg

BC6mjqX.jpg

TBnP9nz.jpg

Moved to postpaid 199 plan from prepaid today. The movement experience was seamless and 'sim' less as well. First time in my 15 years of using cellphones, I saw a operator putting a user from pre to post without changing the sim. The existing prepaid sim in your mobile gets converted into a postpaid connection. Kudos!!
After 15 mins of their home visit, connection activated.

For how many days incoming continue, if recharge validity expires ?
I have one number that went till 2.5 years and then got deactivated. And another that is still active after no recharge for 3 years.

Jio doesn't care if you do not recharge for a year. They get benefit of highest subscriber base through it.

I have one number that went till 2.5 years and then got deactivated. And another that is still active after no recharge for 3 years.

Jio doesn't care if you do not recharge for a year. They get benefit of highest subscriber base through it.
Looking at their VLR trend over the last few months I feel they were holding back on the deactivations so as to cross the 400 million mark. But now that they have achieved that they are steadily deactivating inactive numbers like if they add 6 million new subscribers in a month they will deactivate 3 to 4 million inactive numbers and report a positive addition of just 2 to 3 million. That way their VLR percentage and ARPU both increase and they continue to have a positive outlook in the market. In the last quarter they added 25 million and lost 20 million and they blamed it all on the Punjab farmers protest but the truth is that the protest may have only caused 3 to 5 million port outs at the most, the remaining deactivations were just masked under that excuse.

Looking at their VLR trend over the last few months I feel they were holding back on the deactivations so as to cross the 400 million mark. But now that they have achieved that they are steadily deactivating inactive numbers like if they add 6 million new subscribers in a month they will deactivate 3 to 4 million inactive numbers and report a positive addition of just 2 to 3 million. That way their VLR percentage and ARPU both increase and they continue to have a positive outlook in the market. In the last quarter they added 25 million and lost 20 million and they blamed it all on the Punjab farmers protest but the truth is that the protest may have only caused 3 to 5 million port outs at the most, the remaining deactivations were just masked under that excuse.
Today Jio person sitting under umbrella, selling 2 sim card 1.5gb data for 28 days at rs100.

Also he had leaflet saying exchange old JIOphone for cash of rs300 , ir broken condition then rs200

Today Jio person sitting under umbrella, selling 2 sim card 1.5gb data for 28 days at rs100.

Also he had leaflet saying exchange old JIOphone for cash of rs300 , ir broken condition then rs200
I think this confirms no Jio phone relaunch in future, only cheap smart phone targets Rs.200 ARPU per month.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock