Gboard News and Updates

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 10,817
Gboard is rolling out a brand new feature. Now Gboard for Android is adding support for dynamic navigation bar that matches the theme of keyboard itself.
So if you set your Gboard color to Red then your navigation bar will also be Red, earlier the navigation bar used to be black or white despite of whichever color your keyboard has. And If you’re using a picture as your keyboard background then navigation bar will pick the primary color from that image.
This is a Server-Side update rolling out in version v8.2.9 and v8.2.10 of Gboard. This update is not rolling out on mass scale as of now.

RInHke7.png

jzz3tvk.png

mzNiKPu.png

Gboard now rolling out theme-matching dynamic navigation bar for some users

Changes in emoji keyboard part.
Emoji scroll changed from vertical to horizontal. Emoji size reduced, inter emoji space increased.

Changes in emoji keyboard part.
Emoji scroll changed from vertical to horizontal. Emoji size reduced, inter emoji space increased.
With every new Android release Google updates it's Emoji. This Gboard update has enabled support for Android Q Emoji with those changes

Last edited:
With every new Android release Google updates it's Emoji. This Gboard update has enabled support for Android Q Emoji with those changes
I read in the last release note about support to Emoji 12.0 emojis. But not able to see new emojis (even with beta), may be because I am using P, not Q.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock