• Thread starter Thread starter M.J.Sadiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 1,419

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Reaction score
Guys,

The storage capacity is running out of space in my Samsung Galaxy SII with Jelly Bean update. I did this update about 8 months ago. But now a days I am getting Storage Space running out of space issue. I tired to clear files. But the Internal storage (1.97GB) is having a free space of 131 MB only. Due to this, I am not able to download or update an software an Gmail stopped syncing emails.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: RE: Galaxy S II Storage Issue - Help me

Sadiq said:
Guys,

The storage capacity is running out of space in my Samsung Galaxy SII with Jelly Bean update. I did this update about 8 months ago. But now a days I am getting Storage Space running out of space issue. I tired to clear files. But the Internal storage (1.97GB) is having a free space of 131 MB only. Due to this, I am not able to download or update an software an Gmail stopped syncing emails.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Try to move apps to sd memory 12g space that will free up the space ... Hope u nw hw to move..... Or else if u knw hw to flash s2 stock rom via Odin do it it vl solve the prob.... Befr that backup ur apps using apkshare app or super backup. Please ask if u hav any doubt....

RE: Galaxy S II Storage Issue - Help me

I already moved most of the apps to SD... I am not sure about doing the other option you mentioned... Can you please explain it in detail?

The solution is here...

Galaxy S2 – Clearing Logs on an Unrooted Phone | Guy Rutenberg

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 using an unrooted stock ROM. Lately, I couldn’t update any of my apps, or install new ones as every time I tried it would complain about Insufficient storage available. This was weird, as according to my phone the apps took less than 600MB and still I barely 200MB of free space in my device memory.
SysDump
SysDump

Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-49-54.png

The culprit turns out to be accumulation of various crash-dumps and logs. Apparently in a rooted phone you can delete everything in /data/log, but on an unrooted phone, that folder will appear empty. Luckily there is another way to clear the logs which doesn’t require root access, but it’s kind of hidden: You need to dial *#9900# which will open the SysDump utility. Here you can select Delete dumpstate/logcat which will free up the internal storage from all those logs.

Re: Galaxy S II Storage Issue - Help me

After doing this the used and unused space got interchanged.

7e8uvy7e.jpg

Used and unused space got interchanged so does that mean any bug...?

I meant to say, space got cleared that much..

1.97 GB was used earlier and only 130 MB was free. After doing the mentioned steps, I got 1.4 GB free and only 550 MB is being used..

Back
Top Bottom