Discussion Future Sony Picture's Sports Network

They must have to get the Indian cricket team rights. I personally feel it's unlikely that Star Network will lose the rights

I also think they can get India Cricket rights

Recently they bid ₹11050crore for IPL

Big Chance of SONY for India Cricket
But what if Star Network again got Team India rights again? It will prove that they are far far richer than other networks.

But what if Star Network again got Team India rights again? It will prove that they are far far richer than other networks.

It's also possible that star might bid aggressively more than around 14k crore

let's see what will be happen in March 2018

Who will grab Star or SONY

I think Sony Pictures Sports Network will get rights of Indian international and Domestic cricket

they also concentrate on Other Rights like

1.Global Cricket League
2.NZ Cricket Rights
3.PSL ( If Indian Politics allow to broadcast)

And Focus in the development of having Rights ie

*Premier Futsal
*Studio Shows
*Super Fight
* Organising WWE events in INDIA

etc
* Giving more ads of their content on Other channels

waiting for ur suggestions

I think Sony Pictures Sports Network will get rights of Indian international and Domestic cricket

they also concentrate on Other Rights like

1.Global Cricket League
2.NZ Cricket Rights
3.PSL ( If Indian Politics allow to broadcast)

And Focus in the development of having Rights ie

*Premier Futsal
*Studio Shows
*Super Fight
* Organising WWE events in INDIA
etc
* Giving more ads of their content on Other channels

waiting for ur suggestions
Sony must go for BCCI rights aggressively, else they end up losing it to Star as well. In that case, they would be forced to do something to keep all their channels running.

About the other rights,

1 - There is nothing like Global Cricket League, it is 'T20 Global League - South Africa'. This according to me, will be a failed experiment. However, Sony can try and get this as Star won't be interested in it.

2 - NZ Rights, definitely yes. They may face a competition from DSPORT for NZ as well as other International Cricket rights.

3 - PSL Rights - Not a chance. (Niche Market + Smaller Viewership + Political Reasons + Brand Image)

At this moment, I have no updates on when Sony's/TEN's current contracts with Pakistan, SA, SL, WI and Zimbabwe are ending. They need to renew all these and also, can go for Bangladesh rights too if their contract is ending with Star anytime soon. This will give them BPL (if it continues to exist) as well. Star won't be letting English and Australian rights away in my opinion. Sony recently lost KPL to Star which already had TNPL making it stronger. Star is establishing itself in South India well with the launch of Tamil channel and two more regional coming up soon.

About 'Focus in the development of having Rights'

*Premier Futsal - Again, niche market. Needs market penetration.

*Studio Shows - What exactly?

*Super Fight - Which Super Fight are you referring to?

*Organising WWE events in INDIA -
Sony can't 'organize' a WWE event in India. They can only ask WWE to come to India and make something here so that they can show it on TV.

And, WWE is a huge thing. Remember, TEN Sports survived solely because of WWE when it had nothing to broadcast. Craze for WWE is huge in India. WWE is also using this strategy so that more people subscribe to WWE Network. However, this is India. Nobody wants to shed pockets here. WWE strategized its Indian operation, quite unwell. To start with, they chose Delhi to host their debut Live show in India last year and never moved to any other places. WWE believes all Indians are Hindi speakers, Delhi is the only important city, Great Khali is our God, Jinder Mahal is our King. This is actually slamming them hard as the Hindi commentary (which was official in this year's SummerSlam) and their Hindi shows on TEN air with the sole purpose of praising Jinder and his actions. WWE needs to think beyond Hindi, only then they can penetrate deeper in the Indian soil.

* Giving more ads of their content on Other channels - Advertisement is a huge investment. They first need to have the content which is 'advertisement-worthy'.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock