Seeking Help Future of ADSL Broadband in the coming years

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone still using ADSL Broadband in 2020 ?? how the service quality? what is the future of this? Is this the right time to opt for ADSL Broadband?

anyone still using ADSL Broadband in 2020 ??
I am aware of @mmadhankumar bro. He uses BSNL ADSL BB and as per him since it fulfils his needs he never opted for optical fiber broadband.
Is this the right time to opt for ADSL Broadband?
Existing ADSL user base will slowly move towards fiber as more providers closing ADSL, after that ADSL will vanish. Just my thinking.

Yes i am using BSNL ADSL broadband at my shop. I don't need crazy speeds, as i mainly use it for professional purpose rather than streaming or gaming. BSNL provides upto 20mbps speed on ADSL in my area which is more than enough for my needs. I am on the Superstar 300 plan @ ₹749+gst, which offers 300gb hi-speed data and then unlimited at 2mbps, unlimited calls to any network, and Hotstar Premium subscription. That caters my needs more than enough.

The same plan is also available on fiber at same price point and benefits, with only difference being the speed. On ADSL it offers upto 20mbps and on fiber they provide upto 50mbps. But as i said, since there isn't a need for high speed i never cared to switch. Service quality is also very good which is another reason i didn't switch. But then, i took the connection 4yrs ago.

ADSL will remain in market until fiber reaches all the areas in the country. Maybe the operators slowly withdraw the ADSL service like they are doing with the 3g and 2g mobile services. But yes, fiber is the future. If i have to buy a broadband today, i would prefer to get a fiber rather than ADSL.

I have used BSNL ADSL in past and now using Fiber. Their Fiber is amazing but I was disappointed with their ADSL due to service issues, I used to get frequent disconnections due to uncountable cable cuts and they were unable to repair that.

ADSL now also comes with many technological improvements. Setting up fiber is not an easy task and while the tower to tower fiber connectivity is great, the broadband reach for remote location is subpar for fiber even for well established LCOs.

In United Kingdom, people were surprised to see that FTTH is not very popular which the average speeds are very good. Someone pointed out that UK uses FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet) which is essentially a like a telephone cabinet connected with fiber and the last mile connectivity is done via copper.

I don't believe that it will phase out. All three technologies -- ADSL, Cable Internet and FTTH will be available as per feasibility.

ADSL will end once bsnl decides to stop its operations countrywide. That day is not far it seems. Apart from that there is not going to be any innovations with respect to ADSL technology as the world has moved on to fibers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock