Find 5 honest ministers, Baba Ramdev dares govt

kramkumar

Reaction score
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev today backed Anna Hazare's fight against corruption by visiting the site of the anti-corruption crusader's hunger strike here.

M8RS0.jpg

"I am in support of Hazare. I am also fasting today," Ramdev said at Jantar Mantar, the nerve centre of Hazare's protest.

Taking potshots at the Centre, which faces a series of scams, Ramdev said, "Our bill proposes a 10- member drafting committee in which five will be from civil society and five from the government. But I am afraid if will they manage to get even five politicians who are not corrupt and join this committee. I don't think so."

The yoga guru also took a jibe at the Prime Minister being "unaware" of corruption and said the "PM should shed the attitude of 'Bhisma' and now he should work like 'Bhima'

He also branded the UPA government at the Centre "deaf, dumb and blind" and asked it to bring back black money stashed in foreign bank accounts.

Ramdev, who had earlier launched tirade against corruption through his 'Bharat Swabhimabman Aandolan' demanded capital punishment for corrupt people.

Meanwhile, noted social activist Medha Patkar rubbished reports that she is not in support of some of the provisions in the bill and said she was here to participate in the movement.

Patkar also accused the government of dilly-dallying in accepting the civil society's demands and of "conspiring" to kill Hazare by forcing him to continue his fast.

She demanded immediate arrest of all those involved in 2G and CWG scams.

Noted lawyer and Rajya Sabha member Ram Jethmalani also came out in support of the crusade, saying "he will use whatever strength he has to fight against corruption. All patriots should support the cause."

Environmentalist Vandana Shiva also lauded Hazare's efforts and said he is among the firsts to work for corruption eradication.

Among a growing number of those who came out in support of Hazare were celebrities like actor Anupam Kher, music director Vishal Dadlani, choreographer Farah Khan and American-origin actor Tom Alter.

A 103-year-old P Mudgal Swami, a freedom fighter, battled his age to meet Hazare.

A group of about 500 advocates from the Supreme Court Bar Council also showed their support to the fasting Gandhian.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/find-5-honest-ministers-baba-ramdev-dares-govt-97237

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock