Finally Moved To Firestick

Harsha1996

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally After 20 years with cable, dth connection leaving them and purchased firestick today and echo dot today.. Entering the amazon echo system...

Those.. Cable days with local feed and lots of lots ads in them frequent disconnection monthly bill collection and power rangers, Tarzan and all.. 7-8 years with the cable and then finally moved from cable dth tatasky visiting local delear with my dad with intention to purchase Videocon d2h he convinced us to buy tatasky HD... Nearly 10-11 years with tatasky from HD to binge plus box.. And a month with airtel xstream box. Again to tatasky binge connection lots of issues, memories, jingalala offers, " there is cloudy or raining outside" voice from box.. Smart box hangs, new features, binge combos and more and more memories from tatasky... Finally leaving all...
Not an intention to leave tatasky... But with intention to leave TV channels..
Purchased firestick and echo dot today after thinking nearly from 1 year about switching off and putting tatasky box in shelf finally decided.. Hope it will be better and good decision...
Of course gonna miss tatasky and jingalala offers and of course naptol ads when switching on the box... With full sound.. 😊
vx1qRvD.jpg

Congratulation. Did the same and ditch dth service in 2021. Planning to get jio fiber set top box now for live tv.

I changed to fire tv stick lite 3 months back and it has completely changed the way I watch. Previously used to watch a lot of news channels now miss the channels like Times Now, CNN News 18 as they are not available. After lot of searching installed JioTv app on fire stick to be able to view these channels but the clarity is not there even in High quality setting. If I want to watch English news in high quality I have to rely on Republic or India Today. Republic have their own app whereas India Today is present in Zee5. So lot of things have changed in the previous 3 months but on the whole its been a wonderful experience hope it will be great for you too

I changed to fire tv stick lite 3 months back and it has completely changed the way I watch. Previously used to watch a lot of news channels now miss the channels like Times Now, CNN News 18 as they are not available. After lot of searching installed JioTv app on fire stick to be able to view these channels but the clarity is not there even in High quality setting. If I want to watch English news in high quality I have to rely on Republic or India Today. Republic have their own app whereas India Today is present in Zee5. So lot of things have changed in the previous 3 months but on the whole its been a wonderful experience hope it will be great for you too
That's why I am thinking to drop from dth since long time... News, music, casual viewing... Final decided now because of prime day deals.... Nearly paying 800 bucks for dth... For just casual viewing and new movie and Series mostly in weekends that's it... Hoping that this decision will be good and I will adapt to changes..

Well well
There r pros and cons in FTS...Surely it's not ultimate..
Differences r there between Android TV OS and firetv OS..FTS had always a step back in app versions..Android TV apps always comes 1st..

Last edited:
Well well
There r pros and cons in FTS...Surely it's not ultimate..
Differences r there between Android TV OS and firetv OS..FTS had always a step back in app versions..Android TV apps always comes 1st..
What about Jio STB ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock