Facebook to help govt develop 'Clean India' app

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
NEW DELHI. Facebook will help the
government develop a 'Clean India' mobile application and lend its expertise in areas of health and sanitation, founder and CEO Mark
Zuckerberg said after meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union minister for communications and information technology Ravi Shankar Prasad.

"Mr Zuckerberg is excited about Digital India initiative. I requested him to identify certain areas where Facebook can help us in that.

I also requested Mr Zuckerberg to identify how Facebook can help promote India's rich tourist potential across the world," Modi
wrote on his Facebook page.

Modi had brought up the subject of Facebook helping with promotion of tourism earlier this year as well when Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg met him on her India visit.

Modi has relied on social media to spread the message and used the tool for improving governance in several sectors. http://m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/44779355.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock