Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Coming To India On Oct 28

Ankit_bpl

Reaction score
332bacfdbc5e86b58eb0c6de5a017606.jpg

After hosting Prime Minister Narendra Modi late last month, Facebook's co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced on Friday that he will be coming to India on October 28. He will be coming to New Delhi to host a Facebook Town Hall Q&A session.

"I'm heading to India and I'll be hosting our next Townhall Q&A in Delhi on Wednesday, October 28 at 12pm IST (11:30pm Tuesday Pacific time). More than 130 million people use Facebook in India. I'm looking forward to hearing directly from one of our most active and engaged communities," he wrote in a Facebook post.

In September, PM Narendra Modi became the first head of state to visit the Facebook campus in Menlo Park California. Zuckerberg personally quizzed the prime minister and both showcased mutual adulation.

India is Facebook's second largest market with 132 million users and it is on track to overtake the US in the coming months. PM Modi is also one of the most followed politicians on Facebook.

Facebook sees India as a major market. It has also announced the Internet.org initiative to bring basic essential services to the masses. This initiative is seeing stiff opposition from critics in India who claim it to be anti-net neutrality.

Zuckerberg has vehemently claimed that Internet.org isn't into net neutrality but there are few takers for his argument in India. This visit may be an attempt to woo India and warm it up to the idea of Internet.org.

Zuckerberg is the most high profile Facebook executive to come to India. That said, Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg visited the country. Earlier in the year, even former Twitter CEO d*ck Costello came to India.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg coming to India on Oct 28.
Have A Look At It :-
http://m.indiatoday.in/technology/story/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-coming-to-india-on-oct-28/1/500210.html

thats gud news :eek:hya
China doesnt allow google/utube/fb in its country :no :em

So, d biggest mkt for FB is India :), with 1.3 billion as d population and counting ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock