Eng Tour Of Ind 2011: News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 265
  • Views Views: Views 33,750
Status
Not open for further replies.
India vs England: Revenge on cards?
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/179670-india-vs-england-revenge-on-cards

India vs England ODI series starting from tommorow. How will it end????
1) Ind-5, Eng-0
2) Ind-4, Eng-1
3) Ind-3, Eng-2
4) Ind-2, Eng-3
5) Ind-1, Eng-4

Dravid hopeful of India doing well against Eng

mJfIo.jpg

New Delhi: Senior batsman Rahul Dravid is hopeful of Indian team putting up a good show against England in the five-match ODI series, starting on Friday at Hyderabad, and said that the youngsters are experienced enough to tackle the English attack.

"There are still a number of players who are injured, which has given an opportunity to the youngsters and I believe that this team is good enough," said Dravid, who bid adieu to the one-day cricket after the England tour recently.

He said that the youngsters have the experience of playing in Indian Premier League (IPL) and are good enough in the existing conditions.

"All these players have played in the IPL and they have the experience of playing at the top level," insisted Dravid.

The former India captain admitted that the team would be under pressure to get their revenge on England but insisted that playing at home will certainly give them an advantage.
Source:PTI

Chance for India to restore pride after mauling in England

nUIbr.jpg

HYDERABAD: England are riding a crest as was evident from their dominating performances both in Tests and ODIs against India at home recently.

The ravaged Indian side, which was hit by injuries to star players, didn't have an answer to the sustained onslaught and succumbed without much of a fight.

But the Indians get a chance to redeem their honour when they take on England in a five-match ODI series, which kicks off at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, on Friday.

The world champions have a proud record in their backyard and hence there is a lot at stake for MS Dhoni and his men. But it may not be that easy for the hosts this time around as they continue to miss some of their key performers.

There are only four survivors -- skipper Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina -- from the side that beat Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on April 2.

Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan and Munaf Patel are recovering from injuries, while Harbhajan Singh, who led the Mumbai Indians to victory in the recent Champions League Twenty20 tournament, and S Sreesanth have been dropped for lack of form.

But history is against the visitors as they have beaten India only once in their last 10 ODIs on Indian soil. Alastair Cook and his men are, therefore, not taking things for granted. They landed in the city 10 days ago to acclimatize themselves to the conditions in the sub-continent and went about their business with all seriousness.

Barring Kevin Pietersen, who is making a comeback to the England ODI side, all the other batsmen had useful time in the middle during the two practice games against a Hyderabad XI. Young Jonny Bairstow's scintillating century is surely going to give Cook and coach Andy Flower some headache when they finalise the playing XI. But it is a problem which they won't mind at all.
Newspaper: Times Of India, 14th Oct

Team India needs Harbhajan: Dravid

dGMX7.jpg

NEW DELHI: Off the field too, Rahul Dravid retains the patience of a saint. Adroitly juggling umpteen media commitments, he exudes the same unruffled calm which has characterized his batting. Excerpts from an exclusive interview:

You are enjoying a second wind. Is it getting difficult or easier to keep motivating yourself?

You have to keep setting personal standards. The fitness trainers and physiotherapists help us remain fit longer. I had a bit of luck too, and the matches in the West Indies restored the faith going into the England series. I don't set targets in terms of runs. You have to keep relooking at stages of your career and see your priorities.

Do you enjoy it as much?

I've always liked the buzz that comes with preparing for a Test. In the beginning everything is new and exciting, and now it's sort of challenging. It's not just about runs. Sometimes you successfully negotiate a good spell and think, 'Shucks, I was good. I enjoyed that.' The game still gives me goose bumps sometimes. I'm still extremely nervous when I walk out to bat. I think that's a good sign.

Going into the ODI series against England, everyone's talking about the lack of an express pacer. But even the spin cupboard seems bare...

Yes, there are not that many new spinners around in domestic cricket to choose from. It's because of the way the game is played in India. There's a lot more accent on pace.

Bhajji has been dropped...

Everyone goes through tough times. Harbhajan's done a terrific job so far. He tries hard and thrives on a challenge. You can't get 400 wickets by being ordinary, so there's no doubting his ability. He can bounce back against West Indies and then perform well in Australia, because we need him. It's Team India which needs Bhajji. Without him the team is poorer because when he bowls well, India are more competitive.
Newspaper: Times Of India, 14th Oct

We can manage without seniors, asserts Dhoni

y0V5Y.jpg

HYDERABAD: After the disastrous England tour, India have more than revenge on their mind as they lock horns with England in the first of the five ODI matches, on Friday.

Skipper MS Dhoni on Thursday made it clear that they are not the underdogs despite missing key players and that it was an opportunity for the young players to showcase their talent.

Mr Cool didn't let the heat get to him as he took time to address various concerns during his pre-match interaction after the practice session.

On getting off to a winning start:

It's important because that's what you want to do as a team. Of course, it is good to be playing back in India. We had a fair amount of challenges when we were touring England in the last series not only in the Tests but also in the ODIs. Fair amount of injuries, the biggest players were missing the series.

On missing top players:

It's not very difficult to manage. When you talk about the senior players, it is very difficult to replace them exactly but I won't say it is very difficult to manage . Most of the youngsters are very talented. The batsmen have done well and have taken up the responsibility. It's just that with a fair amount of experience for the bowlers, it will be exciting to see them perform at the same time. I don't think it is very difficult to manage.

About pressure on R Ashwin:

It is not about the pressure, it is an opportunity for him. It's exciting to see him, the way he prepares himself for the game. He has been my colleague for the past four years in the CSK team also. He is an exciting character.

On reverse swing:

Just talking about India, you may see a bit of swing initially but what you may not see is a bit of reverse swing that a lot of fast bowlers do rely on.

On the Power Plays:

It's a bit tricky in the sense that we have not played so far with this kind of Power Play. What you may see is a different approach. Even if you take the second Power Play very late, it will still be over by the 40th over.
Newspaper: Times of India, 14th Oct

hello , am sudhansu and i and kartik are today's match updater so, please join us...

thanks , the match will start on 2:30 pm (ind), toss on 2:20 pm (ind)

you can watch on neo cricket in your tv set

so, enjoy!! :)

Time for India to revive its winning act

ZBW8f.jpg

The word ‘revenge' has been bandied around. It is the marketing spin that is expected to boost television ratings as India squares up against England in a five-match One-Day International series commencing at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium here on Friday before moving to Delhi, Mohali, Mumbai and Kolkata.

The desolate tour of England is now a scar in the back-story but M.S. Dhoni had already quaffed the speech about vengeance. A month back at Cardiff, Dhoni said: “You shouldn't have a revenge-like feeling. Once you have that on your mind, you start putting pressure on the whole side. It is important to stick to the basics.”

If Dhoni and company peer harder at the past beyond the tours of England and the West Indies, they will settle at that image of the Indian skipper hoisting Nuwan Kulasekara for the World Cup winning six on April 2. The latest match is the first international game, which the ‘Men in Blue' are playing at home after that surreal night at Mumbai and it is time for the squad to revive its winning-act.
Badly needs a win

More than the cold desire of quelling England, the team badly needs a victory as the last moment of high-fives in the Indian dressing room occurred at the North Sound Ground in Antigua on June 11. After that India lost the next two ODIs against the West Indies and never found the oxygen mask in England though rain and Dhoni's misfortune at the toss were also complex impediments.

The venue, with its record of inflicting losses on home teams — be it India in three ODIs or Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League — also needs a fresh tale. The local authorities in a bid to humour destiny, have swapped the dressing rooms between the home and visiting teams. Whether that will impact the result more than what 22 players can do on the turf under lights, remains a moot question.

Among the good news for India that starts with the primary factor of playing at home, is the return of Gautam Gambhir. The southpaw is likely to walk in at number three after openers Parthiv Patel and Ajinkya Rahane strengthened their case in England.

Dhoni (236 runs) led the charts at Old Blighty and along with Suresh Raina ruined the return spells of James Anderson and company.

Virat Kohli slammed a ton at Cardiff's Sophia Gardens and was also prolific in the recent Champions League and Dhoni has no cause for worry about the batting.
Newspaper: The Hindu, 14th Oct

india won toss choose to bat 1st :)

India team: 1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Parthiv Patel, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Ajinkya Rahane, 5 MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), 6 Suresh Raina, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Praveen Kumar, 9 R Ashwin, 10, 11 two out of Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron and Vinay Kumar

England team: 1 Alastair Cook (capt.), 2 Craig Kieswetter (wk), 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ravi Bopara, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Samit Patel, 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 Jade Dernbach, 11 Steven Finn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom