Dolby 5.1 audio content updates on Disney+ Hotstar

I wonder why they still didn't add Dolby for marvel movies. Even End Game doesn't have it.
I somewhere read that Netflix/Prime Video provides Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus audio at 640 Kbps and Hotstar has maxed it out at 192 Kbps, is this true? Have you seen bitrates of actual Dolby Content?

I wonder why they still didn't add Dolby for marvel movies. Even End Game doesn't have it.
@Siva bro! Support team is little behind on the Dolby Updates as I have observed. In the high profile movies only Onward, Sw:Rise of Skywalker, Ad Astra, Maleficent 2, which all released after /on Disney+ rollout are having it. I think Dolby Tracks and 4K upgrade for all movies will take at the same time.

Still they are only SUPPORTING 5.1 onFiretv, appletv and Android TV'S. No ETA as per Support team on 5.1 support for Samsung and LG smart TVs.. It's almost 2. Months back they have started supporting 5. 1 in other devices.

Last edited:
I somewhere read that Netflix/Prime Video provides Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus audio at 640 Kbps and Hotstar has maxed it out at 192 Kbps, is this true? Have you seen bitrates of actual Dolby Content?
Yeah that's right. The bit rate is low and we can feel that the quality isn't up to the mark. But then something is better than nothing!
@Siva bro! Support team is little behind on the Dolby Updates as I have observed. In the high profile movies only Onward, Sw:Rise of Skywalker, Ad Astra, Maleficent 2, which all released after /on Disney+ rollout are having it. I think Dolby Tracks and 4K upgrade for all movies will take at the same time.

Still they are only SUPPORTING 5.1 onFiretv, appletv and Android TV'S. No ETA as per Support team on 5.1 support for Samsung and LG smart TVs.. It's almost 2. Months back they have started supporting 5. 1 in other devices.
They have added Dolby to a bunch of movies, for instance even "Night at the museum" has Dolby! Comparatively, Marvel's movies are newer, they should have prioritized them. Don't know what they think!

They have added Dolby to a bunch of movies, for instance even "Night at the museum" has Dolby! Comparatively, Marvel's movies are newer, they should have prioritized them. Don't know what they think!
Some 30 odd movies are added along with Night At the Museum on the same day bro, almost all of them, ie Night at the Museum, Percy Jackson, Rio, Garfield, Diary of the Wampy Kid series etc are carrying Dolby tracks.
Regarding Marvel movies, they have added Dolby tracks for all Fox Marvel(X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool) movies not sure why they haven't done the same thing with MCU movies.

Last edited:
20d5U8P.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock