• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before 10th April 2020. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Breaking Disney+ launched through Hotstar

anjank

Amateur
Reaction score
Neither Apple TV nor Fire TV 4K supports Dolby audio. What I have done man? I just upgraded to Premium with the hope that they would have Dolby audio. Unbelievable!!!

Dream on

Amateur
Reaction score
Yep, it supports everything 4K HDR10 & Dolby Vision also.
Then, this is a bummer for us. Collaboration with Hotstar ruined this. If Disney had gone it alone, we would have got those features just like Amazon Prime. Sad..

kumarvishwas

Elite
Reaction score
Then, this is a bummer for us. Collaboration with Hotstar ruined this. If Disney had gone it alone, we would have got those features just like Amazon Prime. Sad..
Hotstar must have made Disney understand that in a country like India people prefer quantity over quality, so put all the content that Disney has and don't invest in new techs, still majority would be happy, still Hotstar would be considered in likes of Alt Balaji and Zee5, can't come in premium tier of Netflix and Prime video, seems they haven't even added 5.1 audio, bunch of losers.

Before anyone attacks me for the Price to service ratio, I don't have any problem spending little more if I get the desired quality by paying little extra, atleast it would stop me from downloading 4K stuff from other places

anjank

Amateur
Reaction score
Correct, I did browse through many movies and shows. Mandalorian is the only show coming up with Dolby audio. None of the Disney Originals have Dolby audio at this time:(

Max9

Amateur
Reaction score
Guys, please share your reviews if there is a quality improvement in 1080p videos.

mitchelwize

Amateur
Reaction score
Hotstar must have made Disney understand that in a country like India people prefer quantity over quality, so put all the content that Disney has and don't invest in new techs, still majority would be happy, still Hotstar would be considered in likes of Alt Balaji and Zee5, can't come in premium tier of Netflix and Prime video, seems they haven't even added 5.1 audio, bunch of losers.

Before anyone attacks me for the Price to service ratio, I don't have any problem spending little more if I get the desired quality by paying little extra, atleast it would stop me from downloading 4K stuff from other places
Agreed it.
Gone are the days people prefer quantity over quality. Still HS is using 90's strategy.
Its like the below. You have good face but you dont have a mirror to look at how good you are.
Same is the case with HS, they have some good content(not comparing with prime or NF), but sadly out dated tech, Wonder for 2019 released movies also they released it with 64kbps stereo audio. MX player provides same bitrate LOL.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Disney has launched its own messaging app called Disney Mix Mobiles & Accessories 0
OnlyTech.com Article Disney+ Hotstar implementing download limits on Premium and VIP content OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Saichaitanya4496 Disney Streaming's Kevin Mayer appointed as Tik Tok's CEO and ByteDance's COO General Topics 2
Bapun Raz Download Limits being implemented on Disney+ Hotstar OTT Services & Gadgets 2
OnlyTech.com Article Disney estimates 54.5 million Disney+ subscribers as of May 4th OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
OnlyTech.com Article Disney+ Hotstar ends partnership with HOOQ ahead of liquidation OTT Services & Gadgets 1
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel launches Rs 401 prepaid plan offering Disney+Hotstar VIP subscription for 1 year Telecom Services 7
OnlyTech.com Article Disney+ hits 50 million paid subscribers milestone OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
J Breaking Disney+ to launch on April 3rd, Hotstar VIP and Premium prices increased. OTT Services & Gadgets 110
OnlyTech.com Article Disney+ launch in India delays amid Coronavirus pandemic OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
J Breaking Disney+'s India launch on March 29th will be delayed OTT Services & Gadgets 57
OnlyTech.com Article Hotstar testing Disney Plus service on its platform; adds separate section for Disney Plus on app OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
IndiaN Discussion Hotstar officially rebranded as Disney+ Hotstar OTT Services & Gadgets 102
J [Discarded] Hotstar is officially rebranded as Disney+Hotstar. OTT Services & Gadgets 10
OnlyTech.com Article Hotstar app has a new logo similar to Disney Plus; adds Kids Safe feature in the app OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Saichaitanya4496 Breaking Disney+ to launch in India through Hotstar on March 29 OTT Services & Gadgets 60
OnlyTech.com Article Hotstar starts conducting Disney+ Awareness survey; may add its content soon OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
A India to get it's first ever Disney land Travel & Tourism 13
A Apple is thinking to buy either Sony, Adobe or Disney Computers & Hardware 0
DJ Roy Disney content on Jio Cinema Apps & Websites 1
D Discussion disney channel in bangladesh General Topics 23
R After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter Computers & Hardware 0
R You Will Soon Be Able to Use Disney Emojis While Texting Mobiles & Accessories 1
A Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates OTT Services & Gadgets 390
J Circle With Disney Gadget Regulates Your Kids' Web Access Mobiles & Accessories 0