Disney injuction request had been accepted by Delhi High Court which later ordered Indian ISP's to block 118 pirate domains

They already have the rights, but they are keeping it to themselves. Don't know why. Why are they buying the rights if they don't want to release it for the audience. Are they making a collection?
Rights of particular anime comes as package for distributor i.e Asia Pacific (which includes South East Asia and South Asia.) Muse and Medialink are willing to sell those animes to VOD sites, but no VOD platform from India seems intrested in buying them except Netflix.. All shows can't be uploaded free on You Tube, as Japanese license holders don't allow it. Especially Sony will never allow their Aniplex shows to be streamed free on You Tube (even Muse told it in live stream).

Rights of particular anime comes as package for distributor i.e Asia Pacific (which includes South East Asia and South Asia.) Muse and Medialink are willing to sell those animes to VOD sites, but no VOD platform from India seems intrested in buying them except Netflix.. All shows can't be uploaded free on You Tube, as Japanese license holders don't allow it. Especially Sony will never allow their Aniplex shows to be streamed free on You Tube (even Muse told it in live stream).
That means platforms like iQIYI & Netflix bought rights only for South East Asian Countries and not South Asia?

That means platforms like iQIYI & Netflix bought rights only for South East Asian Countries and not South Asia?
iQIYI bought those animes from Muse and Medialink only for South East Asia region. Since they know South East Asia has good anime market especially if you look Phillipines and Vietnam... Netflix buys for whole Asia pacific mostly if the rights are available. But unfortunately Aniplus is not purchasing distribution rights for South Asia. So animes like Attack on Titan, Danmaichi, The Ancient Magus Bride, Rascal Does not dream of Bunny girl senpai, Fire Force etc are excluded for India on Netflix

Fire Force SEA rights are with Aniplus. That means Netflix bought its rights for entire SEA.. right? then why they are only simulcasting it in Singapore? why not other SEA countries?
Bro it's simulcasting in all South East Asia Countries ( Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Myanmar and Laos.).
It simulcasted Same time as Japan on Aniplus Asia TV and after one week on Netflix.
Source

Aniplus Asia is a TV Channel?
Yep Aniplus Asia is TV channel and distributor also. They acquire animes on own instead of depending on Muse or Medialink, they distribute to Netflix also. It's rival of Animax Asia. Aniplus simulcast some of the biggest tv series same time as japan like Attack on Titan, The Promised Neverland, The Rising Shield of Heroes, Rascal Does not dream of Bunny girl senpai, Darling in the Franxx, The Ancient Magus Bride etc.
Currently they're simulcasting Decca Dence, The Misfit Demon School Academy and Fire Force S2.

Aniplus Asia is a TV Channel?
Oh.. sorry... I mistook it for Aniplex 😝
What does Aniplex do? I don't think they have their streaming app. They sell anime rights to Crunchyroll and Funimation.. right? I found that most ongoing anime are available on both Crunchyroll & Funimation, except maybe one or two (like Re:Zero S2 is exclusive to Crunchyroll).
Yep Aniplus Asia is TV channel and distributor also. They acquire animes on own instead of depending on Muse or Medialink, they distribute to Netflix also. It's rival of Animax Asia. Aniplus simulcast some of the biggest tv series same time as japan like Attack on Titan, The Promised Neverland, The Rising Shield of Heroes, Rascal Does not dream of Bunny girl senpai, Darling in the Franxx, The Ancient Magus Bride etc.
Currently they're simulcasting Decca Dence, The Misfit Demon School Academy and Fire Force S2.
Wow.. they are getting all the good stuff... lucky them.

Oh.. sorry... I mistook it for Aniplex 😝
What does Aniplex do? I don't think they have their streaming app. They sell anime rights to Crunchyroll and Funimation.. right? I found that most ongoing anime are available on both Crunchyroll & Funimation, except maybe one or two (like Re:Zero S2 is exclusive to Crunchyroll).

Yep Aniplex is distributor which handles distribution in Japan, China and overseas and it's owned by Sony. Yep they sell to Crunchyroll, Funimation (now owned by Sony) , Hulu, Hidive, Muse, Medialink, ODEX etc. It's technically Japanese distributor and also owning A1-Pictures studio.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock